2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Because only a setup of such grandeur would do justice to such a high point in Glastonbury, nay, musical, nay again, human history

I think it was symbolic of how we all look down on such garbage music ?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The last Glastonbury dream I had was a few weeks ago. The book arrived. The middle pages had a picture of me in it with "DO NOT LET HIM IN" across the top.

I was then trying to get in the festival (which was walking distance away for some reason) & they wouldn't let me in.

That's kinda terrifying.

A had a dream a few weeks ago that Lizzo and Foals were booked as co-headliners. Lizzo then came round to my place and we drank some tequila to celebrate and discussed what she was doing to do for her set. 

Need to stop eating Stilton before bedtime.

• Upvote 1

I've only just listened once, but that Coldplay songs 'I wanna know where I can get drunk with my friends.... something something about coming home' - Absolutely made to be pumping out the Pyramid Stage in 2020.

I still quite like them, and really enjoyed them in 2016, but every few years is getting annoying.

That said, not got a ticket.

5 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Where do people think Foals and 1975 will play IF they play?

Oh man, this one keeps coming up.

Neil's current leaning is Foals to sub the Pyramid with a possible bump to headliner depending on what pans out.

If 1975 play I think it's generally agreed (if not popular) that they'd headline.

12 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Taylor Swift on social media uses some interesting words: 

"I said in an interview 13 years ago "I'm just hoping that I have a second album that does as well as the first & someday get to be a HEADLINER, & always be the same person that I started out as.” Scrolling through your posts has me feeling all the feelings & I want to thank you."

"Because of you, there was a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th album. You guys made me into a HEADLINER because you wanted to see me play. And your support all these years is what’s helped me stay true to that kid I was when I started out."

Mini Thin dislikes this

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

Oh man, this one keeps coming up.

Neil's current leaning is Foals to sub the Pyramid with a possible bump to headliner depending on what pans out.

If 1975 play I think it's generally agreed (if not popular) that they'd headline.

Sorry .  Not seen it. 347 pages is a lot to get through! 

15 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Will they ever book a bigger trio than U2 / Coldplay / Beyoncé?

I don't think it's possible.

In my opinion Neil Young/Bruce Springsteen/Blur is the biggest trio of headliners in my 10 years at the festival, but I suppose it depends on our measure of big. U2/Coldplay/Beyonce certianly sell records, they sell out bit venues etc but in terms of "star power" I think Bruce trumps them, with Neil being the "credible/vintage icon" and Blur being the comeback kings.

• Like 1

Just now, Barry Trotter said:

Sorry .  Not seen it. 347 pages is a lot to get through! 

I guessed, that's why I gave you a proper answer!  Those of us that have actually followed this thread couldn't in any good conscience advise anyone new to wade through it all :lol:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Thought they announced they would be in Europe in 2020? No dates but pretty sure they confirmed that. Might have dreamt it

Nothing on ten club that really comfirms that... Just lots of rumours.. Imo Eddie's been doing to much solo stuff for them to have even got down to the nitty gritty of doing a new album.. But hey ten was done in ten days or less so who knows.. 

30 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

In my opinion Neil Young/Bruce Springsteen/Blur is the biggest trio of headliners in my 10 years at the festival, but I suppose it depends on our measure of big. U2/Coldplay/Beyonce certianly sell records, they sell out bit venues etc but in terms of "star power" I think Bruce trumps them, with Neil being the "credible/vintage icon" and Blur being the comeback kings.

Disagree, think this was based more on your musical opinion of the artists (I love both Bruce, Blur and Neil too.)

What do you mean by star power?

EDIT - this actually come across as quite snobby and I apologise, but I think to say they sell out venues, records etc is probably a bigger factor than you’re making it out to be 

Edited by Honeybane
Snobbiness