2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, StevieGed said:

Felt the same about M83 that year.

Stage show and visuals were great, and going from banger to banger to the more intimate tunes to what was a pretty empty tent for a headliner (was up against Adele tbf), but wouldn’t have picked another stage for them to headline or be on.

Think the likes of a Sigur Ros or M83 would get swallowed up on Pyramid/Other, and any crowd just hanging around for the next act after them would spoil the party a bit because I feel both acts are an acquired taste of sorts. 

I think both would work well on West Holts/Park headline slots though too.

Matey Three headlining Holts would be just lovely.

Taylor Swift on social media uses some interesting words: 

"I said in an interview 13 years ago "I'm just hoping that I have a second album that does as well as the first & someday get to be a HEADLINER, & always be the same person that I started out as.” Scrolling through your posts has me feeling all the feelings & I want to thank you."

"Because of you, there was a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th album. You guys made me into a HEADLINER because you wanted to see me play. And your support all these years is what’s helped me stay true to that kid I was when I started out."

Edited by Doug85

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

"I said in an interview 13 years ago "I'm just hoping that I have a second album that does as well as the first & someday get to be a HEADLINER, & always be the same person that I started out as.” Scrolling through your posts has me feeling all the feelings & I want to thank you."

"Because of you, there was a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th album. You guys made me into a HEADLINER because you wanted to see me play. And your support all these years is what’s helped me stay true to that kid I was when I started out."

That's all wrapped up then! She's gonna sub Foals.

* insert something about how they've got festival pedigree, etc*

Edited by Guy Incognito

8 hours ago, Quark said:

@guypjfreak is your resident Ved - head. 

Any word on PJ tours or fests old son?

Nothing old son 

They keep saying that they are in the studio but then you find each band member doing his own thing.. Nothing on the tour front.. Basically fuck all.. 

Nightmare ah 

23 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nothing old son 

They keep saying that they are in the studio but then you find each band member doing his own thing.. Nothing on the tour front.. Basically fuck all.. 

Nightmare ah 

Thought they announced they would be in Europe in 2020? No dates but pretty sure they confirmed that. Might have dreamt it

5 hours ago, Doug85 said:

She needs to stop yelling the word headliner.

Had a dream last night where they left the Friday headliner unannounced until showtime, and it turned out to be a parade of 00s indie landfill bands, each doing their one song. To top it off, I was somehow there with a guy from school who used to do my head in. I'd take Coldplay all day now!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Had a dream last night where they left the Friday headliner unannounced until showtime, and it turned out to be a parade of 00s indie landfill bands, each doing their one song. To top it off, I was somehow there with a guy from school who used to do my head in. I'd take Coldplay all day now!

Haha oh god. Can I have some examples? Could get into this. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Haha oh god. Can I have some examples? Could get into this. 

My dreams are usually a garbled mess so I can't remember it all, but Hard Fi opened, then Ordinary Boys. The Pyramid also had weird amphitheatre seating?

43 minutes ago, jparx said:

My dreams are usually a garbled mess so I can't remember it all, but Hard Fi opened, then Ordinary Boys. The Pyramid also had weird amphitheatre seating?

Because only a setup of such grandeur would do justice to such a high point in Glastonbury, nay, musical, nay again, human history

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The last Glastonbury dream I had was a few weeks ago. The book arrived. The middle pages had a picture of me in it with "DO NOT LET HIM IN" across the top.

I was then trying to get in the festival (which was walking distance away for some reason) & they wouldn't let me in.

If we're sharing Glastonbury dreams then last night I dreamt I was at a gig where Phill Jupitus had set up a little stall selling Glastonbury tickets, after waiting for ages in a queue when it was my turn the computers crashed I waited there and missed the whole gig and Jupitus got very upset, started crying and handed my a few thousand pounds in cash.