2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, jparx said:

It's deffo getting there. Bon Iver records always take a while to fully appreciate for me. I know it's the obvious choice, but Hey Ma might be the best song he's done. That's partly influenced by how incredible it was live mind you!

I still prefer 22, can't get into the new one yet. Other than Hey Ma. But then again, I absolutely loved 22! Can't wait for his tour next year, haven't seen him since Manchester I'm 2011 or something. 

28 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

And you’ve got a ticket to Glastonbury... there’s worse boats to be in.  Felt the same when I saw Reg was out, and the current favourites don’t interest me at all either but didn’t get a ticket last year so bounced back now. Besides I’m sure I’ll come around to one of the headliners... I mean I gave Metallica a go and enjoyed them.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to be going. I would go to the festival regardless of who's playing, but it is a nice bonus having an excellent headliner. I'm more than confident there'll be some big surprises knocking around. And if not, it just means more time to explore!

Stones are still 12/1 too. Decent outside bet and 1 of the 3 that Neil mentioned were being asked at 1 point, Mac and Led Zep both being ruled out by Emily but nothing mentioned on the Stones. Unlikely I admit but if they were asked and were free and the fee wasn't much of an issue then why not? 

AC/DC at 20/1 are tempting too even though I can't see that at all really, but there's always a chance if they are free and not too arsed about £££

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to be going. I would go to the festival regardless of who's playing, but it is a nice bonus having an excellent headliner. I'm more than confident there'll be some big surprises knocking around. And if not, it just means more time to explore!

If you've got a ticket then not liking the acts playing gets the equivalent response of your parents telling you about starving children in Ethiopia when you didn't clear your plate as a kid.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you've got a ticket then not liking the acts playing gets the equivalent response of your parents telling you about starving children in Ethiopia when you didn't clear your plate as a kid.

?

Thing is, it is basically impossible to not like some of the acts at GF. If you like music, you're pretty much sorted. 

I've got a newbie coming with us for 2020 and despite what you learn over the years of going, it is a special experience watching a top-class Pyramid headliner.

Pretty unlikely but I’d like to see:

Foals

Blur

Led Zeppelin

Just throwing this out there.. Thoughts on Neil Young headlining again? I think he did a pretty good job last time. He doesn’t have that wide, mainstream appeal but you never know with it being 50th anniversary and what not. He could also bring out a guest or two.

also, Mumford and Sons are free in June. Only headlined once and they have new material coming

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Who says there must be a legacy act? Having three young acts like Taylor, Kendrick, The 1975 would be a big mood.

Because it's the 50th anniversary of arguably the most famous festival on the planet. A British treasure for the arts. Throwing in those 3 to mark the occasion is just a little underwhelming. Obviously it isn't a rule that it has to be, but let's face it, it would be fitting if there's an iconic act or two to mark the occasion.

I've nothing against Kendrick, his music does absolutely nothing for me but I get he's popular. TSwizz I'd like to see if there's nothing else that takes my fancy. The 1975 would be the most "meh" headliner since Mumford and Banjo. 

This is the 50th. I want Chumbawumba and Daphne & Celeste to at least feature on the Pyramid in some capacity.

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

I agree that Ringo would likely be a special guest for Macca.

Reckon he'll get Kanye and Rihanna out for FourFiveSeconds? It's his most listened to song on Spotify by nearly 600mill ?

He's also got some writing credits for All Day. I'd like to see how that would go down

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

it would be fitting if there's an iconic act on to mark the occasion

Iconic =\= boomer

Taylor and Kenny are both icons in their own right. Arguably Glastonbury's most iconic bookings this decade have been The Stones, Beyonce, Adele and Stormzy. Other than The Stones that's three new acts. The big legacy bois are nice if you can get them but they're not necessity.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Suddenly the 1975 doesn’t seem so bad.

I was gonna jockingly suggest Mumford and post their new song, but I left it playing after copy and pasting the link and couldn't bring myself to do it.

To be honest what's worse than them headlining is that they'd possibly accept a lower position so we could end up with Coldplay headlining and Mumford taking a valuable undercard spot.

30 minutes ago, SoundsofSmith said:

Just throwing this out there.. Thoughts on Neil Young headlining again? I think he did a pretty good job last time. He doesn’t have that wide, mainstream appeal but you never know with it being 50th anniversary and what not. He could also bring out a guest or two.

also, Mumford and Sons are free in June. Only headlined once and they have new material coming

Can we just throw those in the bin please?