2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolutely fucking GUTTED about Elton. Makes me feel pretty pessimistic about the 3 headliners now. If it's Kendrick, 1975 and Swift, that's an enormous let down for the 50th regardless of how it can be sugar coated.

Thank fuck there's other stages and stuff to do.

I mean, neither of these three are really my thing, but I don't think they're weak headliners (well, maybe the 1975 but let's not get into that).

Does "big enough for the 50th" just mean "heritage act"...?

But as with every year, there are rarely headliners I care to see so maybe I'm not so bothered if the big three don't cater to my taste 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I think so. But people forget that Glastonbury got by for most of its 50 years booking and making headliners out of contemporary acts rather than scratching names off of 'Best Ever...' lists.

It won't be those three mentioned - not at all - but managing to get the two American names would speak volumes about how far it has come whilst still maintaining the same mindset.

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I mean, neither of these three are really my thing, but I don't think they're weak headliners (well, maybe the 1975 but let's not get into that).

But as with every year, there are rarely headliners I care to see so maybe I'm not so bothered if the big three don't cater to my taste 

Pretty much, there are people on here and elsewhere that'll be fairly disapointed when all 3 headliners are annoucned just because of 'its the 50th, i bet its fleetwood, macca and elton and then 1975 and foals as supports' 

8 hours ago, northernringo said:

Fleetwood Mac and Elton being ruled out post T-day has somewhat softened the blow of not getting tickets

It does, Elton not so much but FM ruled out is fine by me. I'm not annoyed either at no ticket for Elton....I'd have seen him at Glasto and that's it.

8 hours ago, mufcok said:

McCartney/Kendrick/Swift with Noel, Foals and someone else as subs :ph34r:

I'm punching on Coldplay, Swift and Arctics.

1 hour ago, Gilb said:

I'm betting on McCartney for the Sunday night closing headliner, with several special guests... Ringo?

Its 50 years since The Beatles officially broke up...

I agree that Ringo would likely be a special guest for Macca.

Reckon he'll get Kanye and Rihanna out for FourFiveSeconds? It's his most listened to song on Spotify by nearly 600mill ?

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

New one's better tho innit

It's deffo getting there. Bon Iver records always take a while to fully appreciate for me. I know it's the obvious choice, but Hey Ma might be the best song he's done. That's partly influenced by how incredible it was live mind you!

Lets look at the Pro’s and Cons of a Coldplay headliner slot. 

Pro’s

They have plenty of experience putting on a show for the Pyramid crowd. 

They are hugely popular across all age groups (I’m not sure why)

They will be very cheap, possibly even free

As Sloopjohn above says they are the biggest selling UK artist in the 21st century. 

They have two new albums out, one of which potentially has collaborations with a range of festival favourites who may make an appearance along side. (I’m clutching at straws here, only rumours but Daft Punk have been mentioned)

Con’s

It’s fucking Coldplay, again!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolutely fucking GUTTED about Elton. Makes me feel pretty pessimistic about the 3 headliners now. If it's Kendrick, 1975 and Swift, that's an enormous let down for the 50th regardless of how it can be sugar coated.

And you’ve got a ticket to Glastonbury... there’s worse boats to be in.  Felt the same when I saw Reg was out, and the current favourites don’t interest me at all either but didn’t get a ticket last year so bounced back now. Besides I’m sure I’ll come around to one of the headliners... I mean I gave Metallica a go and enjoyed them.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

And you’ve got a ticket to Glastonbury... there’s worse boats to be in.  Felt the same when I saw Reg was out, and the current favourites don’t interest me at all either but didn’t get a ticket last year so bounced back now. Besides I’m sure I’ll come around to one of the headliners... I mean I gave Metallica a go and enjoyed them.