2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Is there actually a Kendrick/Macca/Swift rumour or is it just something that has been repeated so many times here that people have convinced themselves that there is.

My understanding is that McCartney is based on his and Michael's comments, Swift is based on her tour dates and Kendrick due to his odds at the bookies

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Is there actually a Kendrick/Macca/Swift rumour or is it just something that has been repeated so many times here that people have convinced themselves that there is.

Yesterday, someone claimed a friend knew a roadie for Macca's band and they said they were playing. Another user posted before that claiming they heard Kendrick, Aerosmith, Noel and Taylor were booked. 

Might be a load of BS, but given the lack of info we've had until now, it's a start at least.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah I don’t think so. I think Kendrick comes from the info that someone posted about Kendrick Lamar, Aerosmith and Taylor Swift being booked. They also thought that McCartney might be playing but I don’t think that was based on anything. Any Kendrick info is separate to the McCartney rumours, so I’d be more inclined to go with your prediction of Coldplay, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift. 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

What's the likelihood of 3 solo artists?  No bands?

I can't see that.

I know Paul McCartney is billed as a solo, but he very much plays as a band. 

Not sure it matters a jot anyway. Can't see them booking two of them, then turning down the other because they don't want three solo acts. Kendrick, Macca and Taylor would be an all time massive trio.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

Tbh this may be the most excited I have ever been for lineup news (tho I probably say that every year). Other than Taylor it really could be anyone, favourites are being rule out all over the place and no real rumours either. Gonna be real interesting when we finally see who is playing

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I said this yesterday. Happened before in 1989!

I was just going to have a look and see if/when it last happened!  You saved me some time there! :)

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know Paul McCartney is billed as a solo, but he very much plays as a band. 

Not sure it matters a jot anyway. Can't see them booking two of them, then turning down the other because they don't want three solo acts. Kendrick, Macca and Taylor would be an all time massive trio.

I guess that depends which one(s) they've booked first.  It certainly doesn't fit with recent history of headliner bookings to have three solo artists as Matt says above.  I think it's definitely something that they consider to make sure all three headliners are different - not only musical genre.

4 minutes ago, CJTM said:

FWIW, didn't think Elton was spectacular live in Walsall a few years back.

Billy Joel is where it is most certainly is at people of eFests

I was at that Bescot gig and really enjoyed it.

Seeing Reg at the O2 next November so while no GF is disappointing it isn't the end of the world for me.