2020 headliners

jj200

56 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Another one with no mention of Aerosmith. 

Aerosmith are now 4th on sky net.

@eFestivals Do you think it’s interesting that the top trio bet for Sky Bet has the headliners in the order that they won’t be in? For example putting Taylor on the Saturday when she is most likely the Sunday. So they can capitalise off people thinking they are making the correct bet.

D991A5E8-8F04-4E05-B9A8-390F3991FDE1.png

4EB8921D-BAC4-4340-BD77-2A24C3D0EDE8.png

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@eFestivals Do you think it’s interesting that the top trio bet for Sky Bet has the headliners in the order that they won’t be in? For example putting Taylor on the Saturday when she is most likely the Sunday. So they can capitalise off people thinking they are making the correct bet.

D991A5E8-8F04-4E05-B9A8-390F3991FDE1.png

4EB8921D-BAC4-4340-BD77-2A24C3D0EDE8.png

The terms and conditions on the betting imply they can play on any of the 3 nights as long as they headline.

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

The terms and conditions on the betting imply they can play on any of the 3 nights as long as they headline.

Ah I misread I thought it was structured in a way that people were putting a bet on Paul to be the Friday, Taylor the Saturday etc

Let's hope this doesn't cause an argument but I am just throwing some information out there...

Someone on the Reading/Leeds forum has said he has information on the headliners been The Strokes/Stormzy/Travis Scott/BMTH, so if this is true (which it likely isn't, but let's just go with it) Does that make Foals (God I said the F word :O) more likely for Glastonbury as they wont be playing Reading/Leeds which some people expected them to do, and they won't go for smaller festivals as they did that this year...but with a double album release this year and a tour next year surely they will be at some festivals?

4 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Does that make Foals (God I said the F word :O) more likely for Glastonbury as they wont be playing Reading/Leeds which some people expected them to do

but with a double album release this year and a tour next year surely they will be at some festivals?

Were they expected to do Reading? I guess they were possible but I don’t think they were expected.

A prominent slot at Glastonbury and their own shows I reckon. They’ve got some shows throughout summer already booked.

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Those three headliners won't even be the correct bet in any order tho.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Were they expected to do Reading? I guess they were possible but I don’t think they were expected.

A prominent slot at Glastonbury and their own shows I reckon. They’ve got some shows throughout summer already booked.

I know they were mentioned quite a bit on the Reading/Leeds forum a while ago, but I haven't been looking at that forum recently, until just. So I know they were at least a rumour for it, maybe not expected...

What you're saying sounds likely in fairness

37 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I dislike the notion that just because its the 50th, it has to be special. I think it'll lead to a fair few disappointed people on here when we don't get all the special acts and secret sets. I'm still waiting it to be Foals/1975/Taylor. 

I agree entirely.

Don’t like to be cynical on these things but if Macca/Elton/Swift/Aerosmith is the expectation then there is a high risk of an underwhelmed thread incoming.

It could potentially be Spice Girls / Lewis Capaldi / Florence + The Machine.

I like these acts but think there will be some upset people on this thread.

30 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

I know they were mentioned quite a bit on the Reading/Leeds forum a while ago, but I haven't been looking at that forum recently, until just. So I know they were at least a rumour for it, maybe not expected...

What you're saying sounds likely in fairness

They played R/L fairly recently so would be shocked to see them back so soon.

8 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

I like these acts but think there will be some upset people on this thread.

There always is -  but I struggle to see how Kendrick, Paul and Taylor is something disappointing? There will be a lot of attention on the resale if those three are at the top of the bill.

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

This the most in the dark we've been at this point? Nothing significant to point to anyone really at the moment..

2017 was quieter imo. Yeah we got Radiohead in Oct but we had no idea that Foos and Ed were touring until much later in the process. We were hung up on whether it was the Stone Roses.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

IN MY OPINION it goes:  

Beyoncé > Taylor > Gaga  
Elton > Fleetwood Mac > Macca  

But any of either trio would be a treat.  

Where would Rihanna fit into all of this?

I’d much prefer Ri Ri to Taylor and Gaga personally. 

Special mentions to Unfaithful, Hate that I love you and California King Bed. 

She seems to be teasing a new album, or has been for some time. Not really in the rumour mill although there’s odds on sites for her. Can’t see it but I’d definitely welcome it.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They played R/L fairly recently so would be shocked to see them back so soon.

Tbf 4 years is more than long enough for a returning headliner at R&L nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2017 was quieter imo. Yeah we got Radiohead in Oct but we had no idea that Foos and Ed were touring until much later in the process. We were hung up on whether it was the Stone Roses.

Sheeran was a long standing rumour that year though, I won a bet for him headlining that I placed in August 2016. 

I seem to remember the Foos almost being certain and then disappearing for ages when they weren't meant to be touring and then the whole subsequent Cheese and grain story with the Flight tickets and Parsonjack etc. 

6 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Where would Rihanna fit into all of this?

I’d much prefer Ri Ri to Taylor and Gaga personally. 

Special mentions to Unfaithful, Hate that I love you and California King Bed. 

She seems to be teasing a new album, or has been for some time. Not really in the rumour mill although there’s odds on sites for her. Can’t see it but I’d definitely welcome it.

There is absolutely no way Rihanna is headlining in 2020. Last time she was in the UK she had to cancel gigs due to lack of ticket sales. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Apologies if I’m misreading bookies odds but Taylor, Paul and Kendrick are now the favourites on William Hill right?

99192A3F-6BE4-478E-8CCA-60AED8A716FD.png

Having seen Ed, Jay Z, Kanye, Coldplay and 1975, and Fleetwood ruled out, my three would be Queen, Artic monkeys, Red Hot Chilli Pepper

15 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Sheeran was a long standing rumour that year though, I won a bet for him headlining that I placed in August 2016. 

I seem to remember the Foos almost being certain and then disappearing for ages when they weren't meant to be touring and then the whole subsequent Cheese and grain story with the Flight tickets and Parsonjack etc. 

Foos started announcing their euro dates in nov (just checked) so maybe it’s not the best comparison.

Most of the Euro festivals are being quite quiet. I would of thought that Rock Werchter would have started their announcements by now?

It does make me think that the Euro fests (as usual) are sharing headliners and once the announcement ball is rolling it will become clear.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Nobody has a fucking clue. Dunno why I read this thread so often. It does make me laugh a lot. 

Shall we start ruling out people it definitely isn’t?

If it helps, @Gnomicide has spotted that efests has officially ruled out Cliff Richard, Westlife and Whitney Houston :lol:

20 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

Macca has to be there to save me from 3 x Meh, assuming its a toss up between Macca and Reg. Kendrick and Taylor not for me (personally).

Has Reg's previous behaviour to staff and audience been considered in his eligibility? Hes got form for being an absolute nasty git hasn't he? Maybe the Eavii don't want his vibe on the farm? 

his vibe on the farm? :lol:

he'll be taxi'd, or helicopter in max 2 hours before the show, be in his dressing room with his entourage for pretty much all of it until showtime, then fuck off straight away after. he's not going to be hanging around in the commoner VIP area with the z-list celebs and people on PR freebie tickets, making a nuisance of himself and abusing staff....

and there are no doubt far bigger bellends playing every other stage every other day, let alone have headlined in the past.