2020 headliners

jj200

26 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Talking of his shite films through, what was that one he did about the Rapture? Genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen. 

Was that the ridiculous one with the time capsule thing that predicts all the natural disasters and then ended with fucking aliens or something? 

Screenshot_20181106-230331_Gallery.thumb.jpg.071e9369bb247d113a28f620530191ff.jpg

Edited by Doug85

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Left Behind. THE worst film I've ever seen.

That's the one. Probably a straight tie with Battlefield Earth for me. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Was that the ridiculous one with the time capsule thing that predicts all the natural disasters and then ended with fucking aliens or something? 

That's also a big heap of shit but Gnomy is right, it was Left Behind I was thinking of

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Have you seen The Wicker Man (Nick Cage 2006 remake)? That's the worst film I've ever seen. I was in hysterics in the cinema but sadly for them, it isn't a comedy.

I have. still not as bad as Left Behind though. I was actually angry at the end of that when I realised I'd been conned into watching a film with a dubious "religious message".

18 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Not sure where this is from. He's got a rep for being a bit of a prima donna and by his own admission was unpleasant to those close to him during his cocaine years, but I can't recall hearing about him behaving badly on stage with his audience.

And besides, the farm has seen many an act who has a reputation with them. They coped with Kanye well enough.

My suspicion is the reality is a lot less exciting than the myths.

He humiliated a steward at a concert in Gloucester a couple of years ago. She was stopping people from moving from seats and he picked her out and called her 'Hitler' as part of a tirade  - to the point where she was crying. He then apologised and got her on stage to overcompensate.

There was the incident in Vegas where he stormed off after being annoyed by a fan who he had invited onto stage ... 

I know its the Reg Fan Club on here, but hes a strop waiting to happen I reckon. :)

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Let’s just take a moment to consider the holy trinity of high concept 90’s action films:

The Rock - Con Air - Face/Off

Just screen each one at headliner time on the Pyramid and folk will be happy. Trust me.

In those three films you described one of my cultural cornerstones of the 90s.

Cage recs not mentioned; Joe, Bringing Out The Dead, Adaptation, Mom and Dad.

And if you want to see Cage SWING for the fences, Vampires Kiss is the film for you, you won't say the alphabet in the same way again.

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I saw them at festival 3 months ago and thought they were very meh. 

They’re not glasto 50th headline material. 

Would put money on them getting a bigger crowd than Kendrick though. 

I dislike the notion that just because its the 50th, it has to be special. I think it'll lead to a fair few disappointed people on here when we don't get all the special acts and secret sets. I'm still waiting it to be Foals/1975/Taylor. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Would put money on them getting a bigger crowd than Kendrick though. 

I dislike the notion that just because its the 50th, it has to be special. I think it'll lead to a fair few disappointed people on here when we don't get all the special acts and secret sets. I'm still waiting it to be Foals/1975/Taylor. 

All of the realistic headliners are deemed ‘not special enough’ so they are going to lose on that front. I find it baffling that the standard is so high that Paul McCartney is not considered special enough!

the fact that no acts are being deleted from the betting means that no one is putting on money with any certainty - not even the people who claim to know.

because when you *REALLY* know you pile on money and more money because it's guaranteed free money ... and who doesn't like free money?

So no one knows.

Edited by eFestivals

16 minutes ago, 1986 said:

In those three films you described one of my cultural cornerstones of the 90s.

Cage recs not mentioned; Joe, Bringing Out The Dead, Adaptation, Mom and Dad.

And if you want to see Cage SWING for the fences, Vampires Kiss is the film for you, you won't say the alphabet in the same way again.

I'd forgotten about his cameo in Kick Ass and his legendary "switch to kryptonite" line too

Screenshot_20191023-102604_Gallery.jpg