2020 headliners

jj200

7 hours ago, circus92 said:

Fair enough - but you might find judging a 1975 performance from 5 years ago with one album behind them to be unrepresentative of were they are at now.  They really are on another level now.

I saw them at festival 3 months ago and thought they were very meh. 

They’re not glasto 50th headline material. 

8 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Sorry to bring up the horse band again, but I legitimately had never heard of them before these forums. I gave them a bit of a listen but I don't think they're my thing. I listen to the radio (several varied stations) on the daily commute, and it seems like they're not played commercially in New Zealand? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be happy if they headlined because it meant I could go and enjoy another stage. 

To be honest I'm not surprised by that. Even in the UK you're probably only likely to have heard Foals on 6music or Radio X (the more indie/rock/guitary leaning channels). Albeit I've heard that the likes of On the Luna and In Degrees had some decent mainstream statiom crossover earlier this year? (can't confirm either way cause I haven't lived there for over a year).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Let’s just take a moment to consider the holy trinity of high concept 90’s action films:

The Rock - Con Air - Face/Off

Just screen each one at headliner time on the Pyramid and folk will be happy. Trust me.

The Rock, in particular, is an absolute 90s action masterpiece of ridiculousness.  

Talking of his shite films through, what was that one he did about the Rapture? Genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Rock, in particular, is an absolute 90s action masterpiece of ridiculousness.  

Talking of his shite films through, what was that one he did about the Rapture? Genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen. 

I’d say turning Cineramageddon into a Cage weekender is the only reasonable course of action now.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 3