2020 headliners

jj200

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno if T In the Park is a fair comparison. T 2011 is without a doubt the strongest festival lineup I’ve seen. Only thing that can really compete with it is desert trip probably.

53F9748A-E264-47AC-BF11-4F5A20EE853D.jpeg

Oh my. The Sunday main stage is the stuff of dreams for me. The Weezer, MCR, Pulp run is absolutely quality. Friday 2nd also suits my taste pretty well

25 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning behind Taylor being a SR?

14 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Didn't even see she was an SR... From what I know Neil only puts bands up to SR if he has SOME kind of info, outside of touring schedule/new album we haven't got anything. 

no extra info in this instance, it just seems a no-brainer.

Let’s say we’re all overcooking this 50th thing Glastonbury have got going on, and it’s neither Fleetwood Mac, Macca, EJ...

Are we happy with no heritage/legendary acts? Or will it be a bit sour in the camp overall.

I think 1975 - Kendrick - Taylor would still be batting it out of the park, but with it being the 50th, and Glastonbury, it would be nice to see an Elton or McCartney for me personally. 

54 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Strange thing about that lineup is that Saturday and Sunday are utterly stacked yet Friday is a dumpster fire.

Friday was always pretty much a half day or less at T if I remember correctly. Music didn’t seem to start until around the evening time so the friday always felt a little bit half-assed. 

But still used to beat the shit out of V fest with their strictly 2 days of music I suppose.

6 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Friday was always pretty much a half day or less at T if I remember correctly. Music didn’t seem to start until around the evening time so the friday always felt a little bit half-assed. 

But still used to beat the shit out of V fest with their strictly 2 days of music I suppose.

Download do the same thing. I find that Download arena doesn't usually get busy until like 3/4pm even with a full day of music. I took a guy to the Sunday this year who's only ever been to glastonbury and he was staggered how quiet DL arena was until later in the day

15 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Let’s say we’re all overcooking this 50th thing Glastonbury have got going on, and it’s neither Fleetwood Mac, Macca, EJ...

Are we happy with no heritage/legendary acts? Or will it be a bit sour in the camp overall.

I think 1975 - Kendrick - Taylor would still be batting it out of the park, but with it being the 50th, and Glastonbury, it would be nice to see an Elton or McCartney for me personally. 

Honestly if its Kendrick/Taylor and 'insert guitar band' be it Foals, AM, 1975, It would be a very strong year not only for now but I think looking back on it in a few years too. Taylor has sold out Wembley multiple times on her last tour. Kendrick is one of the decades most critically acclaimed artists and is also one of the more aclamined in his genre for sales/streams. Sling in 1975 who if they're trajectory continues, wouldn't surprise me to sell out a stadium or two in 3-5 years. Also is a very wide variety of acts and genres too. 

Am I right in saying in terms of who's booked, the current understanding is -

Two are already booked (one of those for a good length of time) and the third is ongoing with negotiations? Or am I way off with that?

Edited by mufcok

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Am I right in saying in terms of who/what's booked, the current understanding is -

Two are already booked (one of those for a good length of time) and the third is ongoing with negotiations? Or am I way off with that?

That is what Emily said about a week ago.

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

Sounds like we are on the same page ( but in the minority!).  The 1975 would also be my choice for a “guitar band” - also saw them at Reading and thought they were amazing.  I enjoyed them far more than the Foo’s even though I love the the Foo’s.  I think they have gone a bit stale, whereas the 1975 felt way more exciting.  The problem with both Taylor and the 1975 is they are not seen as cool, but if you give them both a go they both have a fantastic back catalogue.  The 1975 are now at the point where they have enough material that they have to leave out a lot of really good tunes from their set.  They both also put on a really good show - saw Taylor’s Reputation tour last year and was blown away and would to see her on the Pyramid..  I am 46 by the way, so “supposed” to be more into the likes of the Foo’s than the 1975.  

So were agreed  - 1975 / Reg / Taylor ?

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I’m in.

Make it three :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Okay so I've been getting into Bruce Springsteen recently and was wondering how likely do you think he is going to headline next year.

I think there's a chance, but probably a slim one at this stage. We haven't had any rumours for Bruce but he's supposedly in Europe next summer. My girlfriend is really hoping he plays but I've told her not to get hopes up.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think there's a chance, but probably a slim one at this stage. We haven't had any rumours for Bruce but he's supposedly in Europe next summer. My girlfriend is really hoping he plays but I've told her not to get hopes up.

No rumours of playing and just the rumour that he's in Europe next summer is more than we have for Elton John. But he keeps squeaking back into the proposed three headliners every time!

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:
1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I like Tylor's chances, although I've never heard of the bloke. 

Tylor the Creator

Steve Tylor

Bonnie Tylor 

They have covered themselves

I’d be really disappointed if Tylor played. I would of thought...you know...it being the 50th, they would get something a bit more... special... you know? ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Make it three :D

Boooo!

I'd go see Kendrick, I've no interest in The 1975 saw them in William's Green Thursday 2014 (15?) and they where pretty forgettable. I'd love to see McCartney but have no real interest in Elton. This proposed swap is utter rubbish.

• Upvote 1