2020 headliners

jj200

39 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

I went into the weekend thinking Foo's would be the best but it didn't grab me as much, felt like there was large times in their set where it was just a bit meh, dragging songs etc. Where as The 1975 had me hooked from start till finish, 

Couldn’t have put it better myself

13 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I think Swift is as big if not bigger than Beyonce was back in 2011. She subbed T in the Park that year I can't imagine Taylor lowering herself to even headline TRNSMT.

Aye, agree with this. Taylor is definitely bigger now than Beyonce was then. I do think Taylor could headline TRNSMT though.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Difficult to compare because Beyonce went from superstardom to mega superstardom in the years 2011-2013 and beyond. She managed to get bigger than she already was.

..so Beyoncé is bigger then?

Just announce Taylor already dammit!

I think Elton or McCartney would be worthy (ahem) 50th anniversary headliners, (reg my personal preference).

I think the case has been made for Kendrick. Not my kind of thing but I can see his importance in the current musical landscape meaning he'd be a huge draw for a lot of people.

I think Foals (who clearly have a good relationship with the festival) will get an Other Stage headlining berth, I just don't see them having the catchet of the other favourites for the Pyramid at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno if T In the Park is a fair comparison. T 2011 is without a doubt the strongest festival lineup I’ve seen. Only thing that can really compete with it is desert trip probably.

53F9748A-E264-47AC-BF11-4F5A20EE853D.jpeg

Kind of interesting that the "headline or don't play at all" Strokes are 2nd on the 2nd stage.

That lineup is solid enough, but not better than Glastonbury that year who had many of the same acts.

4 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Not sure this is ethical, but with a roadie letting a mate of mine know that his band is playing, at 5/4 this looks like a reasonable bet:

Kendrick Lamar 4/6
Taylor Swift 5/6
Aerosmith 11/10
Paul McCartney 5/4
The 1975 5/4
Foals 7/4
Elton John 2/1

(oh, and the roadie is really old, just in case you think it's the other band)!

OK, I  finally submit ... macca back on the rumours page.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2020/lineup.shtml

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I dunno if T In the Park is a fair comparison. T 2011 is without a doubt the strongest festival lineup I’ve seen. Only thing that can really compete with it is desert trip probably.

The first festival I went to was TITP 2012 which was headlined by Snow Patrol, The Stone Roses and Kasabian so yeah, picked a bad year to start!

Anyway, I could definitely see Kendrick, Macca and Taylor being the headliners but I'm still finding it hard to believe the Aerosmith rumour. Just seems like a really odd booking.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Strange thing about that lineup is that Saturday and Sunday are utterly stacked yet Friday is a dumpster fire.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The first festival I went to was TITP 2012 which was headlined by Snow Patrol, The Stone Roses and Kasabian so yeah, picked a bad year to start!

Anyway, I could definitely see Kendrick, Macca and Taylor being the headliners but I'm still finding it hard to believe the Aerosmith rumour. Just seems like a really odd booking.

Taylor is the most likely headline out of that list. Could see 1975 and foals along with Coldplay.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

In terms of pure star power I'd say the trio of U2/Coldplay/Beyoncé trumps it... just.

U2 < Macca

Coldplay > Kendrick

Beyoncé > Swift

I avoided all Pyramid headliners that year. Would also do the same next year with your predicted 3. Luckily there is more to the festival than just 1 stage.

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The Saw Doctors into Tame Impala is the kind of festival content that haunts me for not going. What a lineup and weekend that would have been, unbeatable lineup in my eyes

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Elvis Costello, Van Morrison & Suzanne Vega

1984 - Dr John, Elvis Costello, Fela Kuti

1985 - Joe Cocker, Ian Dury, Hugh Masekela

Btw, as memory serves Van Morrison played a late afternoon/early evening slot in ‘89. Think Fela Kuti (again) was the third headliner.

Edited by henry bear