2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can you instead provide three realistic alternatives which would be better at living up to the prestige of Glastonbury? I’m really intrigued to know who you have in mind.

Please read my post before replying to me. Thank you

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

1 minute ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Please read my post before replying. To me. Thank you

I did. I’m just asking you the question. If you don’t like Kendrick, Paul, Taylor... I wanna know who you would prefer at the top of the pyramid. I’m genuinely interested.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I did. I’m just asking you the question. If you don’t like Kendrick, Paul, Taylor... I wanna know who you would prefer at the top of the pyramid. I’m genuinely interested.

No, you didn't. You asked me to state three that 'live up to the prestige of Gladstinbury.' I have clearly stated this in my post. 

My personal preference is a different discussion entirely. 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m in the boat that those three headliners are incredibly impressive. Maybe it’s just me being a millennial lol.

I’m seeing the same comment being thrown about. “I just thought they’d do something a bit more special for the 50th”.

If you are one of these people who feel that way can you please provide some bands that fit that mould? I often find when people say that they can’t name any bands.

Or they just say Oasis.

Taylor/K-Dot/Reg or Macca 

For me that’s just about as strong as it gets.

I honestly can’t think of anybody to replace those 3 who would be bigger in their respective fields. 

It’s probably the best line up in the history of the festival. 

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Sounds like we are on the same page ( but in the minority!).  The 1975 would also be my choice for a “guitar band” - also saw them at Reading and thought they were amazing.  I enjoyed them far more than the Foo’s even though I love the the Foo’s.  I think they have gone a bit stale, whereas the 1975 felt way more exciting.  The problem with both Taylor and the 1975 is they are not seen as cool, but if you give them both a go they both have a fantastic back catalogue.  The 1975 are now at the point where they have enough material that they have to leave out a lot of really good tunes from their set.  They both also put on a really good show - saw Taylor’s Reputation tour last year and was blown away and would to see her on the Pyramid..  I am 46 by the way, so “supposed” to be more into the likes of the Foo’s than the 1975.  

So were agreed  - 1975 / Reg / Taylor ?

Yes I completely agree! I went into the weekend thinking Foo's would be the best but it didn't grab me as much, felt like there was large times in their set where it was just a bit meh, dragging songs etc. Where as The 1975 had me hooked from start till finish, and made me think they can easily headline Glastonbury, me and my mate did have a bit of a debate after the weekend about The 1975 v Foo Fighters sets. Not saying Foo Fighters are bad I could still enjoy their set and appreciate just how good they are at what they do. And yes agreed that's the bets possible 3, that's 2.5 nights at the pyramid (Dependent on how I get on listening to Taylor)

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

No, you didn't. You stated please state three that 'live up to the prestige of Gladstinbury.' I have clearly stated this in my post. 

My personal preference is a different discussion entirely. 

Edit: I’ve realised the mix up. As you were.

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Just because I mentioned her earlier, and her name is on a few of the bookies lists, what do we think the chances are of Lady Gaga? And what would peoples opinions on her be if she headlined? Is there any reason she hasn't headlined before?

Love a bit of GaGa and would 100% be there if she was on, but for the “pop” act, I would easily pick Taylor over her. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You said they were poor headliners for you so I want to know who you would prefer? It’s a simple question.

‘Underwhelming on a Glastonbury level’ insinuates that you do have a standard of who is worthy to headline Glastonbury. I wanna know who you think that is.

no aggression here?

I'll appease you. 

They are three worthy headliners. Arguably the biggest in each respective genre. However, I personally don't like any of them and would probably not spend much time at the pyramid stage - which would be hugely disappointing. 

To answer your question, I would prefer The Stones, Elton and Gaga. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I'll appease you. 

They are three worthy headliners. Arguably the biggest in each respective genre. However, I personally don't like any of them and would probably not spend much time at the pyramid stage - which would be hugely disappointing. 

To answer your question, I would prefer The Stones, Elton and Gaga. 

I apologised above I got a bit confused with your point.

those are three good headliners btw

If Sir Paul and Taylor Swift are two of the headliners, then I reckon the third will be one of Coldplay, Foals, Kendrick or The 1975. Coldplay would be my bet, closely followed by Foals.

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you think Macca, Swizz-swizz and K-Dot are underwhelming you'll be dumbfounded when you see who headlined it this year. 

Can only agree. 
When we get Foals/1975/Swift and the rock slot isn't an older 'special' 70s/80s artist people will look back and laugh. 

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In terms of pure star power I'd say the trio of U2/Coldplay/Beyoncé trumps it... just.

U2 < Macca

Coldplay > Kendrick

Beyoncé > Swift

I think Swift is as big if not bigger than Beyonce was back in 2011. She subbed T in the Park that year I can't imagine Taylor lowering herself to even headline TRNSMT.

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I think Swift is as big if not bigger than Beyonce was back in 2011. She subbed T in the Park that year I can't imagine Taylor lowering herself to even headline TRNSMT.

Uh oh, I sense a who's bigger, Taylor or Beyonce argument coming up

I'm team Taylor for both popularity and height