2020 headliners

jj200

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think we will get a headliner before Christmas deffo.

I hate Christmas but I don't know why one felt the need to downvote this post... so I neutralised it!

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

No way on this earth are Daft Punk doing 3 nights at Heathon Park, 4 or how ever many it was at the Etihad, god knows how many at Wembley, Stadiums in Ireland and Scotland.

I reckon they potentially could but wouldn’t. Stone Roses are from Manchester therefore have played umpteen shows in Manchester. 

If they do play live again somewhere and it has a similar appeal to Alive then you could see them go on to tour forever and sell out stadiums and parks all over the world. Whereas dunno if The Stone Roses are selling out stadiums in America.

Edited by lukethekid

18 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I reckon they potentially could but wouldn’t. Stone Roses are from Manchester therefore have played umpteen shows in Manchester. 

If they do play live again somewhere and it has a similar appeal to Alive then you could see them go on to tour forever and sell out stadiums and parks all over the world. Whereas dunno if The Stone Roses are selling out stadiums in America.

I've always thought that they'd do maybe a max of 4 global dates in stadiums (maybe London, Paris, LA and Tokyo?) and that would be it. I could certainly see Stade De France Stadium as it's probably the biggest venue in France. I have no basis for the above, just a gut feeling if they ever did tour.

I got the impression that Taylor will announce a bunch of UK dates at once, so if she’s playing it might be a while off before there’s an announcement.

My working theory is that they’re still in negotiations with Kendrick’s people over the fee.

If Reg is playing I reckon he’s the most likely first headliner announced because he’ll have been in the bag for years. 

Please don’t rob me of this scenario.

Just now, discgoesmic said:

I've always thought that they'd do maybe a max of 4 global dates in stadiums (maybe London, Paris, LA and Tokyo?) and that would be it. I could certainly see Stade De France Stadium as it's probably the biggest venue in France. I have no basis for the above, just a gut feeling if they ever did tour.

Yeah Paris is always gonna be their biggest gig if they do ever tour again isn’t it. Surely they’ve got a big fuck off park there somewhere.

I’ve always had their pyramid on our pyramid would be the pinnacle but it doesn’t look like it’s ever gonna happen.  

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I got the impression that Taylor will announce a bunch of UK dates at once, so if she’s playing it might be a while off before there’s an announcement.

My working theory is that they’re still in negotiations with Kendrick’s people over the fee.

If Reg is playing I reckon he’s the most likely first headliner announced because he’ll have been in the bag for years. 

Please don’t rob me of this scenario.

I also imagine Kendrick will want to announce his next album and tour before GF announces him.

Swifty will want her inevitable UK show or shows sold before announcing.

Reg/Macca/1975/Foals would most likely be already booked so no reason not to announce if they were. The fact that they announced Ross so quickly suggests to me that there is no imminent headliner news.

Not sure this is ethical, but with a roadie letting a mate of mine know that his band is playing, at 5/4 this looks like a reasonable bet:

Kendrick Lamar 4/6
Taylor Swift 5/6
Aerosmith 11/10
Paul McCartney 5/4
The 1975 5/4
Foals 7/4
Elton John 2/1

(oh, and the roadie is really old, just in case you think it's the other band)!

1 hour ago, matichin said:

That last date is hilarious - imagine how fraught this forum would be if the full lineup didn't drop until literally days before the festival? 

By that point everyone would have gone feral arguing about whether Foals or Kasabian were better than Daft Punk...

It's been mentioned before, imagine not knowing the line up until you arrive. I kind of like the idea of that

I think Taylor will do BST, maybe billed as Lover Fest UK, Glastonbury and that's it. If BST is announced in the coming months and not labelled "UK exclusive" then I think we're golden. She could do TRNSMT, but I reckon she will be in Spain that weekend and that will complete her schedule.

Just a guess, mind.

1 minute ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Not sure this is ethical, but with a roadie letting a mate of mine know that his band is playing, at 5/4 this looks like a reasonable bet:

Kendrick Lamar 4/6
Taylor Swift 5/6
Aerosmith 11/10
Paul McCartney 5/4
The 1975 5/4
Foals 7/4
Elton John 2/1

By 'band' do you mean 'act'? 

12 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Yeah Paris is always gonna be their biggest gig if they do ever tour again isn’t it. Surely they’ve got a big fuck off park there somewhere.

I’ve always had their pyramid on our pyramid would be the pinnacle but it doesn’t look like it’s ever gonna happen.  

I totally agree, I think right now they're the last act I've always been desperate to see. However, I can't help worrying that there's a big danger of the tour not living up to the 'hype'. I didn't get to see the Alive 2007 tour but it looked incredible, I just hope they'd bring the same magic.

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Why do we always think acts have to sell out their own dates before they announce Glastonbury. I mean there are threads that go on forever about how difficult it is to get tickets. Surely it doesn't affect their own ticket sales? 

It usually works the other way I would say. 

People who are going to Glastonbury might not buy a ticket to a stand alone gig if they have the chance of seeing that act at G.

9 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Kendrick Lamar 4/6
Taylor Swift 5/6
Aerosmith 11/10
Paul McCartney 5/4
The 1975 5/4
Foals 7/4
Elton John 2/1

Image result for paul mccartney funny

• Upvote 1