2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, C14S said:

Might be based on personal preference but I'd much rather it was Kasabian than F**ls or the 1975

Aren't all statements along the lines of "I'd much rather x than y" based on personal preference?  I don't think K******n have got much chance of headlining though, and it might be personal preference,  but thank god.            

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

When do people think we will get the first headliner then? When Stormzy was announced was it just out of the blue with that poster been found? Could we be getting some clues in the next couple of weeks?

I think we will get a headliner before Christmas deffo.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not really sure how Daft Punk would go about playing a set with RAM songs - they're such an outlier compared to the other stuff they've made. I don't actually think they'll ever make another album, maybe just the odd collaboration, and I don't think they'll ever play Glastonbury again. 

3 hours ago, ModBoy said:

When do people think we will get the first headliner then? When Stormzy was announced was it just out of the blue with that poster been found? Could we be getting some clues in the next couple of weeks?

Difficult to say, there's no pattern to it really. In most cases they are not announced until February but you never know, could happen any time.

Screenshot_20191022-133630_Chrome.thumb.jpg.97ed1cd15de3fdd07746e73d29de14a4.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-110024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9fa14ca49c998dba5f12c317edd8cce.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-110000_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide
Edited to add previously omitted Arcade Fire.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Difficult to say, there's no pattern to it really. In most cases they are not announced until February but you never know, could happen any time.

Seems good, the past 2 festivals we've had it before the new year so hopefully we get something good. 

For those of you who like to believe in early headliner announcements, BBC R1 are running a Golden Ticket competition from Thursday morning (including a ticket to Glasto). Greg James was playing Stormzy from this year’s Friday night headline. Could all tie in nicely with a headline being announced.

If EE has 2 in the bag then surely she can give us 1 this side of Xmas.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20191022-110000_Chrome.thumb.jpg.624aff2cd4a67b7fb6143926fcc900b6.jpg

Screenshot_20191022-110024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9fa14ca49c998dba5f12c317edd8cce.jpg

That last date is hilarious - imagine how fraught this forum would be if the full lineup didn't drop until literally days before the festival? 

By that point everyone would have gone feral arguing about whether Foals or Kasabian were better than Daft Punk...