2020 headliners

jj200

5 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

How about Emily couldn’t decide between 1975 and Foals so it a ‘Reading-Festival-Esque’ co-headline Saturday night. 4 headliners!

... and if one of the other headliners pull out you’ve got an instant replacement.

so foals subbing again then? yeah could happen.

I woke up this morning to people debating Daft Punk albums and my first thought something had happened!

Am I alone in thinking that a Daft Punk headline set post-RAM might not be as good as some might hope? Did you see them at the Grammys? It got a bit offensive at points.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I woke up this morning to people debating Daft Punk albums and my first thought something had happened!

Am I alone in thinking that a Daft Punk headline set post-RAM might not be as good as some might hope? Did you see them at the Grammys? It got a bit offensive at points.

Oh absolutely not pal.  It's been hyped up so much there's no feasible way it could be as good as we want it to be.

Still want it to happen though :D

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Oh absolutely not pal.  It's been hyped up so much there's no feasible way it could be as good as we want it to be.

Still want it to happen though :D

Yeah I want it to happen to :D despite everything.

However I have become a bit numb to the prospect of Daft Punk performing again. There is always an annual rumour which is probably just started by a troll on reddit. 

On a similar note I need a good strong reunion rumour. We’ve not had one of those in a long time.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I want it to happen to :D despite everything.

However I have become a bit numb to the prospect of Daft Punk performing again. There is always an annual rumour which is probably just started by a troll on reddit. 

On a similar note I need a good strong reunion rumour. We’ve not had one of those in a long time.

Just to be absolutely clear, REM reunion rumours are off limits.

Also I think everyone would agree RAM is not their best. I know it charted well, mainly because of Get Lucky, but 2013 was a dark time and there wasn't a whole lot new going on so people got excited. I wouldnt say RAM is rated overly high at this point in time? Purely subjective. 

I'd die to see them live but I think it's unlikely it'll happen. 

9 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Sorry, I'm not having Daft Punk as overrated. Homework and Discovery earnt them their place. The reviews from Alive 2007 were glowing (and the album is unbelievable) and that came before the Get Lucky phase. 

I've never dug very deep in to Daft Punk so will give the above two albums a go today and see how I get on.

Pre listening judgement based on the singes / songs I have heard in my opinion doesn't make them any better than someone such as Justice.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I remember buying Random Access Memories on the same day as Access All Arenas by Justice and after listening to both, thinking that the torch had well and truly been passed to Gaspard and Xavier 

A fair point.  I reached that conclusion a little later at the end of the 2017 set when Xavier was stood on the crowd waving his flag. Glorious.