2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Coldplay have got a new ablum coming out on 22 November called everyday life.

It's going to be a double ablum. One is sunrise and the other is sunset.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing at Glastonbury next year either headline or secret set.

To early to headline, too popular to play secret set on a smaller stage.

However they are friends of the festival and play for free much the same as fatboy slim so I think opening the pyramid either announced or not with the Sunrise part, could be a possibility.

Then rumours will be they will close the festival with sunset but they won’t due to them not wanting to be over exposed at the festival, licensing laws and TSwizzle/Elton being the headliner and no one allowed on after.

1 minute ago, richarddep said:

Sup y'all.

Is there any reason Justin Timberlake is never in the conversation on the headliner front. I think he would completely kill it?

Could do the afternoon Pop slot, Katy Perry, Janet Jackson type thing, 3rd down?

4 minutes ago, richarddep said:

Are you contesting his size or his back catalogue?

He's got both regardless of what your view of him is and is poppy enough to appease that crowd.

I’d be there for a JT set but there’s no way he’d headline. I’d argue he’d be in the Miley slot from this year.

4 minutes ago, richarddep said:

Mad. I really envision a JT Friday slot to get the party started. You're probably right!

Saw him years ago when he headlined V, put on a great show to be fair to him but can't see him headlining. Then again, foals can, Aerosmith can't and Coldplay are playing on thursday, so what do I know

37 minutes ago, Homer said:

With the whole helmets/knob twiddling thing, couldn't they just get semi-retired members of, say, Meat Beat Manifesto or Bentley Rhythm Ace to step in - no one would know the difference!

They could even start a franchise - like the Sugababes.

Chris Martin will do it.

upvotes to the right >>>>

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He has a future show in 2019 so he’s not in hibernation. I think he’ll be in Europe promoting a new album but the rumoured price is a massive stumbling block, IMO.

That could tie in with Emily's comments about still working on a third headliner. They could be haggling on the fee.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We’ll be here a while then. He supposedly gets paid Madonna-amounts of money. Per hour!

Just how much money do these pop so-so-called "stars" need anyway. 

Don't they know it's an honour just to be thought of as headliners and they'll get EXPOSURE on the (charity) BBC??