2020 headliners

jj200

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My point was that there is a direct correlation between acts Emily promotes on her instagram and acts that are either booked / eventually end up at the fest. It’s almost like it’s her own way of dropping a hint or testing the water to see how the act would go down.

Look at the comments for her post about Kendrick. Full of people begging her to get him on the farm.

B41CB968-48BE-44C1-9862-A7A87697E80C.jpeg

Announce Springsteen on Broadway on the Pyramid.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You people do realise that as the effective head of Glastonbury Festival, and one of the most influential women in the music industry, Emily Eavis probably goes to quite a few gigs, right?

I heard she doesn’t even pay for her tickets via the general sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I just find it funny that other users can be like “Emily is a fan she deffo wants to book him” and they don’t get fact checked. It’s almost as if other users are allowed to be excited yet everything I say is somehow actionable and I have to make sure it stands up in court?

If you scroll through Emily’s Instagram you’l see that there is a direct correlation between who she follows / posts about and who she tries to book.

She was posting about Lauryn Hill and David Attenborough in Dec 2018. Funnily enough both of them made appearances at the festival.

It’s not absurd to say that she’s probably got him high on her list.

Mate I think it's just that you post a lot of your opinions, almost like you think out loud so some of those will get challenged. (Some of them rightly and some wrongly) But that's Efests. We all have different opinions. This place would be boring if we all thought the same way. Don't take any of it to heart. 

zGHQb4O.gif.4771b79072f763761e59dc0d1ea5b2fa.gif

Edited by Doug85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Would assume Kendrick will start popping up at Euro fests if he’s going to be playing, is he rumoured for any?

It's not totally inconceivable that he could come over just for Glastonbury like Kanye did, but the lack of any 2020 dates so far isn't really a good sign.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Did you go that year where the media whipped up a rumour that they were playing Arcadia? Can’t remember which year it was but I met a lot of people that weekend who believed it.

It was 2013 I think.  I didn't really believe the rumour  but I wanted it to be true.

All I really remember of it was Arcadia being absolutely rammo (wasn't it near the other stage that year?), not being able to hear the music and it starting to feel dangerously busy, so we decided that the rumour was bollocks and started to work our way through the crowd

About 20 minutes after we had managed to get out, I got a call saying that Daft Punk had just come out.  I was absolutely heartbroken.  I couldn't stand the thought of them being on and missing out on it but knew it would take ages to get to a place where I could see or hear them.

Fortunately I got a call a few minutes later saying that it was only Chase and Status so we could relax and continue enjoying our night.

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

It's not totally inconceivable that he could come over just for Glastonbury like Kanye did, but the lack of any 2020 dates so far isn't really a good sign.

He has a future show in 2019 so he’s not in hibernation. I think he’ll be in Europe promoting a new album but the rumoured price is a massive stumbling block, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It was 2013 I think.  I didn't really believe the rumour  but I wanted it to be true.

All I really remember of it was Arcadia being absolutely rammo (wasn't it near the other stage that year?), not being able to hear the music and it starting to feel dangerously busy, so we decided that the rumour was bollocks and started to work our way through the crowd

About 20 minutes after we had managed to get out, I got a call saying that Daft Punk had just come out.  I was absolutely heartbroken.  I couldn't stand the thought of them being on and missing out on it but knew it would take ages to get to a place where I could see or hear them.

Fortunately I got a call a few minutes later saying that it was only Chase and Status so we could relax and continue enjoying our night.

I had people texting me who weren't at the festival saying to get to Arcadia it's happening. Actually felt a bit sorry for Chase & Status when people realised it wasn't Daft Punk, a big chunk of the crowd just left

4 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Coldplay have got a new ablum coming out on 22 November called everyday life.

It's going to be a double ablum. One is sunrise and the other is sunset.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing at Glastonbury next year either headline or secret set.

one at sunrise would be ideal :) 

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm pretty sure there were signs up saying that it wasn't DP in order to disperse the crowds a bit. I saw it from a distance as I crossed the back of the other field and it was manic.

There where signs up since the Thursday saying that it was Chase and Status. People just love a rumour.

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Do we know if Michael/Emily have ever tried to book Daft Punk? I know it's been a rumour forever and a day and it's become a running joke but I'd be interested to know if they have ever reached out

I'm sure they've reached out in some way but I doubt it's ever gone further than that due to Daft Punk not having actually toured for twelve years now and only making very brief sporadic live appearances together at award shows/with Phoenix that one time. I'm sure they've had insane money offered by the likes of Coachella so I'm sure Glastonbury was brushed off pretty easily.

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Do we know if Michael/Emily have ever tried to book Daft Punk? I know it's been a rumour forever and a day and it's become a running joke but I'd be interested to know if they have ever reached out

I think they prob did in '97 when they played the festival.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure they've reached out in some way but I doubt it's ever gone further than that due to Daft Punk not having actually toured for twelve years now and only making very brief sporadic live appearances together at award shows/with Phoenix that one time. I'm sure they've had insane money offered by the likes of Coachella so I'm sure Glastonbury was brushed off pretty easily.

With the whole helmets/knob twiddling thing, couldn't they just get semi-retired members of, say, Meat Beat Manifesto or Bentley Rhythm Ace to step in - no one would know the difference!

They could even start a franchise - like the Sugababes.