2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I just find it funny that other users can be like “Emily is a fan she deffo wants to book him” and they don’t get fact checked. It’s almost as if other users are allowed to be excited yet everything I say is somehow actionable and I have to make sure it stands up in court?

Come on now, fella - no need to take this to heart. Statements claiming things absolutely are bound to get a bit of pushback, but I don't think any of it is personal. Sometimes you post quite a lot of them so that's probably why it seems you get more than your fair share of challenges back. This is all part of the long build up - coming up with a theory and tossing up the likelihood with others :)

I think it just seems like a bit of a mix up with what Matt meant and how TheMartiniPolice took it :) we're all friends here!

I would however like to say a big fuck you to Matt, for forcing my brain to go into overdrive merely from seeing Emily post about Kendrick herself. Now my brain has translated it into KENDRICK IS GOING TO HEADLINE, and now everybody in my Glasto WhatsApp group has to hear all about it too. We've only just gotten over our group's argument over whether Foals are bigger than Stormzy. Ludicrous. ?

12 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Despite the anti Foals propaganda I have to agree, if she's seen Kendrick live and posted on ig about it she's clearly a fan, not too much of a stretch to say they'd like to book him at least

Nobody was saying it was a stretch.

I said that all we know is that she went to his show, and that’s true. I only mentioned it because it was being misrepresented as documented evidence that Glastonbury are actively trying to book Kendrick Lamar. That’s all, no attacks, just a reminder.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nobody was saying it was a stretch.

I said that all we know is that she went to his show, and that’s true. I only mentioned it because it was being misrepresented as documented evidence that Glastonbury are actively trying to book Kendrick Lamar. That’s all, no attacks, just a reminder.

Too late for backtracking mate, only way to settle it is a scrap at the Pyramid.. maybe this could be to elusive Thursday headline act? 

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Too late for backtracking mate, only way to settle it is a scrap at the Pyramid.. maybe this could be to elusive Thursday headline act? 

I'm a firm believer that all disputes should be settled on the bubble football pitch in the T&C Fields on the Wednesday.

Two zorbs enter, one zorb leaves.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You people do realise that as the effective head of Glastonbury Festival, and one of the most influential women in the music industry, Emily Eavis probably goes to quite a few gigs, right?

My point was that there is a direct correlation between acts Emily promotes on her instagram and acts that are either booked / eventually end up at the fest. It’s almost like it’s her own way of dropping a hint or testing the water to see how the act would go down.

Look at the comments for her post about Kendrick. Full of people begging her to get him on the farm.

B41CB968-48BE-44C1-9862-A7A87697E80C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think with the way she worded the caption to show her excitement she’s definitely been after him for a while.

She also follows him on Instagram.

Ah yeah, forgot about this, cheers. FWIW I think this is noteworthy for the reasons Matt outlines above but it's not going on record saying 'we want them' like they've said about Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, et cetera. Don't think this conversation really needed to be as long as it was

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Ah yeah, forgot about this, cheers. FWIW I think this is noteworthy for the reasons Matt outlines above but it's not going on record saying 'we want them' like they've said about Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, et cetera. Don't think this conversation really needed to be as long as it was

Welcome to efestivals

• Upvote 3