2020 headliners

jj200

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She’s been to see his concert in London. I think that’s it, in terms of things that aren’t made up.

I think with the way she worded the caption to show her excitement she’s definitely been after him for a while.

She also follows him on Instagram.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It literally says his name, Matt.

can you stop following me around and jabbing at everything I say? If you’re gonna jab at me for this then you’ve gotta do it to everyone else. 

If you go through Emily’s Instagram, her posts from live gigs are either acts booked for the festival or acts that eventually make their way onto the bill. Emily makes it very clear who she has her eyes on.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

can you stop following me around and jabbing at everything I say? If you’re gonna jab at me for this then you’ve gotta do it to everyone else. 

If you go through Emily’s Instagram, her posts from live gigs are either acts booked for the festival or acts that eventually make their way onto the bill. Emily makes it very clear who she has her eyes on.

I assure you I would’ve made exactly the same comment to whoever said it, but I haven’t seen anyone else make these kind of statements. I don’t think the caption suggests anything about wanting to book him as it just says his name. She was excited to see him, sure, but it doesn’t say anything else, that’s pure speculation. 

Fair enough if that’s true re who she follows etc, just not the caption.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

She was excited to see him, sure, but it doesn’t say anything else, that’s pure speculation. 

Isn’t that just exactly what I said? You clearly enjoy ganging up on people at online so you jumped at the opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Isn’t that just exactly what I said? You clearly enjoy ganging up on people at online so you jumped at the opportunity. 

I don’t think it is, no. At least, it didn’t come across that way. But more importantly, I’m not ganging up on you, just disagreeing and a making slightly tongue in cheek challenging comment. Please don’t take it as anything more than that and feel free to do it back. 

Edited by The Martini Police

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But if she “proudly made no secret” that she wants to book him, why the need to speculate? I mean, it is easy to see why she’d want to after seeing his show but we don’t have any quotes about chasing that booking.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But if she “proudly made no secret” that she wants to book him, why the need to speculate? I mean, it is easy to see why she’d want to after seeing his show but we don’t have any quotes about chasing that booking.

I just find it funny that other users can be like “Emily is a fan she deffo wants to book him” and they don’t get fact checked. It’s almost as if other users are allowed to be excited yet everything I say is somehow actionable and I have to make sure it stands up in court?

If you scroll through Emily’s Instagram you’l see that there is a direct correlation between who she follows / posts about and who she tries to book.

She was posting about Lauryn Hill and David Attenborough in Dec 2018. Funnily enough both of them made appearances at the festival.

It’s not absurd to say that she’s probably got him high on her list.

• Upvote 1