2020 headliners

jj200

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what’s the thinking on first headliner announcement?

Can’t see one anytime soon considering we’ve already had DiRoss.

We'll they've gradually been announcing things a bit earlier over the past couple of years (no pattern, ahtt etc) and since they've got two of the headliners fully signed on, I think we'll get at least once of them before Christmas.

Still think there's a chance we get something before the book release. The BBC and co. probably won't be reporting on the book release, however if they drop a headliner announcement just before it releases I can see the different outlets having a "and they are set to release a book commemorating the 50th anniversary of the festival" line within the news article. I imagine Google searches go through the roof when a headliner is announced as well, and people doing a Google search will likely stumble on to the Glastonbury website when the book will be all over there. 

4 minutes ago, wonker said:

I don't get the whole Taylor Swift love - am I missing something? Are there particular songs I should listen to which might help me to 'see the light'? Or is it just a zeitgeist thing that I missed out on?

Illuminati shit mate, I don’t fuck with it and I don’t want to know.

You’re best just to nod your head, and be at the pyramid on the Sunday of the festival. 

11 minutes ago, wonker said:

I don't get the whole Taylor Swift love - am I missing something? Are there particular songs I should listen to which might help me to 'see the light'? Or is it just a zeitgeist thing that I missed out on?

Glastonbury Hype Playlist here:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4e0WmFen0EqqW3m3wEzEIg?si=GCcpyy0eRP-Wg2B2B0AtJw

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Kendrick being added to the rumours page...you love to see it. @eFestivals Neil is that based on the info from @Col!n?

sort of - it definitely adds to it.

But I reckon the betting odds alone are enough to rumour them both (should really have had Kendrick rumoured earlier, i guess), because if people are putting money on to shorten their odds like that, there's definitely a rumour going round.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

sort of - it definitely adds to it.

But I reckon the betting odds alone are enough to rumour them both (should really have had Kendrick rumoured earlier, i guess), because if people are putting money on to shorten their odds like that, there's definitely a rumour going round.

Kendrick being booked is very similar to the Kanye booking (imo). An act Emily proudly makes no secret she wants to book, and it will happen one year (or eventually).

Like we knew Kanye was going to be booked one year - was just a matter of when!

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I missed the info from Col!n - can anyone link me or give me a page #? 

it's around here somewhere. Colin also privately gave me a bit more info in where his info had come from.

I suspect what Colin heard is the reason why the odds have gone as they have. Whether or not the names Colin heard are accurate is another thing, that it's just about impossible to judge.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick being booked is very similar to the Kanye booking (imo). An act Emily proudly makes no secret she wants to book, and it will happen one year (or eventually).

Like we knew Kanye was going to be booked one year - was just a matter of when!

Did we know Kanye would be booked? Not sure about that. 

Anyway, Kendrick is within the possible, definitely.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Did we know Kanye would be booked? Not sure about that. 

Anyway, Kendrick is within the possible, definitely.

We knew Kanye was in the pipeline since Jay Z was booked right? We didn’t know which year but we knew it would happen eventually. Especially since Kanye had done some pretty impressive festival shows across the globe!

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I suspect what Colin heard is the reason why the odds have gone as they have. Whether or not the names Colin heard are accurate is another thing, that it's just about impossible to judge.

Are you convinced that he heard this info before the odds changed and we discussed it on the forum?

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We knew Kanye was in the pipeline since Jay Z was booked right?

nah, not really. He'd not been a big UK festival ticket shifter.

I can't really remember how things stood at the time he was booked, tho I guess he'd have been within the possibilities but perhaps not a more-obvious one.

Especially since Kanye had done some pretty impressive festival shows across the globe!

I'd seen one - and it was impressive, but only for Kanye being a twat. :P 

Are you convinced that he heard this info before the odds changed and we discussed it on the forum?

I'm not 'convinced', no. I've no particular reason to disbelieve him, but then again I get sent porkies just about every year. Most likely, i think, is that what he heard about did happen - but that doesn't necessarily mean the names that were said were accurate.

Having just checked, the odds changed before what colin heard about could have happened.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah, not really. He'd not been a big UK festival ticket shifter.

I can't really remember how things stood at the time he was booked, tho I guess he'd have been within the possibilities but perhaps not a more-obvious one.

I'd seen one - and it was impressive, but only for Kanye being a twat. :P 

I'm not 'convinced', no. I've no particular reason to disbelieve him, but then again I get sent porkies just about every year. Most likely, i think, is that what he heard about did happen - but that doesn't necessarily mean the names that were said were accurate.

Having just checked, the odds changed before what colin heard about could have happened.

Michael was making noises about Kayne headlining Other in the aftermath of 2008 from what I remember.  He seemed somewhat worse for wear at the time!