2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Aerosmith seems like the type of booking Glasto would go for. The issue is one someone has already mentioned.... theres no way they're booking 3 American headliners for the 50th. I dont think it's going to be Kendrick anyways. 

Aerosmith Taylor and Macca? Maybe

Aerosmith Taylor and Foals or 1975? Seems more realistic. 

I don’t think anybody with any sense is thinking Aerosmith would be booked as a headliner, so it’d be Taylor and Kendrick as two headliners, Noel G subbing, Aerosmith (presumably) in the third down Pyramid rock slot, and then a third headliner, with Elton seeming like the most likely at this point. 

Still seems pretty unbelievable at this point that Aerosmith would accept that slot mind, but I suppose it’s reasonable that their name is cropping up for some reason. 

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

Technically noughties, but Jaded is a stone cold tune 

I have watched the videos for, I think they're called, Crazy and Crying? Watched them many, many times.

Awful, awful tunes, but I was a teenager at the time and, well, I'm sure we all remember Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler. 

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In yet another example of them owning Foals, Aerosmith even have their own rollercoaster 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_'n'_Roller_Coaster_Starring_Aerosmith

We love to see a Rock'n'Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith.

It’s very good too. Don’t remember the music bit, mind.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think anybody with any sense is thinking Aerosmith would be booked as a headliner, so it’d be Taylor and Kendrick as two headliners, Noel G subbing, Aerosmith (presumably) in the third down Pyramid rock slot, and then a third headliner, with Elton seeming like the most likely at this point. 

Still seems pretty unbelievable at this point that Aerosmith would accept that slot mind, but I suppose it’s reasonable that their name is cropping up for some reason. 

Honestly though Aerosmith played a free concert in the tiny place I'm from in Canada about 6yrs ago. I have no idea what the city would have paid them, but they might do it for the glory? 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Place has gone fucking nuts I swear.

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In yet another example of them owning Foals, Aerosmith even have their own rollercoaster 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_'n'_Roller_Coaster_Starring_Aerosmith

We love to see a Rock'n'Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith.

They're about to be booted out in favour of Robert Downey Jr in spandex though, how does that affect their chances? 

15 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

Went on the Aerosmith coaster earlier this year. Cheesy as hell but great fun being flung about to Dude Looks Like A Lady!

MGM studios? I went on that in 99.  How is that still a ride now? 

Was the best attraction of the park though 

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Elton doesn't seem to be in the running at all.

I'm hoping as there's nothing to rule him out yet either. 

It comes in threes they say so would be quite a year for him:

1- John Lewis Advert 

2- Rocketman film 

3- Announced to Headline Glastonbury 

*Tongue in cheek of course but here's hoping.

Kendrick, Elton, and Taylor would be my dream trio, to be honest. Would mean I’m at the Pyramid every night, which isn’t ideal, but that would be such an incredible line up. 

Rest assured, though. Because I want it, the headliners we’ll actually get are The Foals, Coldplay, and Paul McCartney (featuring Chris Martin). 

4 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I reckon November 14th for first headliner announcement, based on absolutely nothing at all,

and it’ll be T-Swizz

I don’t think Swift will be first. 

This time last year the Cure were announcing festivals left, right and centre and yet Glasto didn’t come till March/April IIRC. My money is on Swift announcing either her own show(s) in the UK or BST (which doesn’t usually announce until Nov/Dec) and not being confirmed until next year.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Rest assured, though. Because I want it, the headliners we’ll actually get are The Foals, Coldplay, and Paul McCartney (featuring Chris Martin). 

We almost made it a decent amount of time before Foals were brought up again. 

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I have watched the videos for, I think they're called, Crazy and Crying? Watched them many, many times.

Awful, awful tunes, but I was a teenager at the time and, well, I'm sure we all remember Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler. 

Crazy and Cryin' sound like the exact same songs to me, but it may be intentional? Loved those as a teenager as well! Haven't heard them in a few years, but sure I could belt out Crazy with the best of them if they were confirmed.

Edited by Bryanrebe

37 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I'm hoping as there's nothing to rule him out yet either. 

It comes in threes they say so would be quite a year for him:

1- John Lewis Advert 

2- Rocketman film 

3- Announced to Headline Glastonbury 

*Tongue in cheek of course but here's hoping.

At a guess, no. 3 isn't as important to him as the other two, given that he's only ever shrugged the topic off.

I misspoke to say he's 'not in the running' bc that would mean he's ruled out, which he's not. But with mounting late-2020 UK/EU dates and nothing earlier, he does seem to only exist in contention because he's retiring and because it's the anniversary; the former was the case this summer and probably in 2021 too, so just the anniversary really. ?‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Crazy and Cryin' sound like the exact same songs to me, but it may be intentional?

Yeah jut put these two on and I've definitely got them mixed up before. I would have said it might be the intention to follow a formula until I realised they were on the same album. Why????

The video for Crazy is a bit fucked, and that's even when you take out the fact that one of the stars is his daughter.

Edited by dentalplan