2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

giphy.gif

SmartSelect_20191019-124756_Gallery.gif.36fa795ed21f021cfcb0d2bef3cc64e8.gif

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s no such thing as the “average Glasto goer”. A thousand people could go and have a thousand different experiences.

Absolutely. I had a daily chat with my camping neighbours a few years back and we didn't see the same thing once over the 5 days.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Beeefy said:

I’m with you here mate. Not a huge fan of either of them, but respect them both.

Don’t understand why Taylor gets infinitely more praise, especially with some of her more recent songs, look what you made me do (Basically I’m too sexy) and the one that’s starts “we can leave the Christmas lights up till January”????

Can’t say she a massively likeable character either, seems a bit of a diva. 

Nevertheless, think she would be a big booking for the festival, as Ed was.

Oh definitely mate, massive booking, as Ed was also. 

I don’t know much of her in terms of likeability but I do have a decent Ed story. Few years back he ended up back in a student halls after his own gig in the MEN, polishing vodka doubles and playing his guitar for others to sing over. Also see and hear others talking of him, and the way he comes across in interviews, and on that front he seems as down to earth as any artist is - and all’s whilst being arguably the biggest (current tour breaking U2’s record and all).

But yeah subjectivity is what it comes down to. Just my perspective of the two is that they’re two peas from the same pod in pretty much every musical sense, so never quite understood the hate he gets on here compared to the love for Taylor. Actually wasn’t sure whether it was an inside joke I wasn’t aware of at first!

Nevertheless a solid booking for the festival. Pretty much every prediction sees her for the Sunday, is this due to other dates or just the general consensus. Would be a bit of a shake up if she was to be Friday or Saturday, and have someone else close it. Macca or EJ to close the 50th would be a great moment I think, but understand the viewing side of things with the BBC and the Saturday night slot being most prominent. 

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

SecretGlasto is just Stu2Hats you know, it's not some festival Illuminati.

He wears two hats that makes them pointier and pyramid shaped and closer to Ra the sun god. 

All hail the Stu! 

I may be drunk on wine in Spain......

Still a better conspiracy than the bollox shared previous. Amazed I can still spell. ?

• Upvote 2

Wasn't going to say anything about this as I originally thought it sounded ridiculous but maybe it's worth something. I was passed on a rumour on Wednesday that Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Aerosmith and a Gallagher (presumably Noel) are all booked for 2020 (not my own direct source so don't want to publicly state where this came from, happy to discuss via PM). No specific mention of headlining or not.

I didn't/don't completely believe this but this was the first I'd heard Aerosmith's name mentioned (I use this site heavily but I barely post - shameless lurker) then a couple of days later they had the second highest odds and were being discussed on here.

If there is any truth to it, I reckon our headliners could be Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar and Paul McCartney, with Aerosmith subbing or billed as 'special guest' before Paul as they've been performing together this year (see below). Despite their size, I think Aerosmith would be a weird choice of headliner and I don't think that Glastonbury would book 3 American headliners, so this makes more sense in my eyes.

Can't say I'd be overly excited about those headliners (just down to personal preference, it would be absolutely massive nonetheless) but seems to fit the mould with the clues we've been given so far.

@Col!n Why don't you don't drop Neil a PM? Appreciate you don't want to divulge sources here, but @eFestivals might be able to gauge if it's bogus or not based on your source?

I mean if you heard Aerosmith before the odds changed the other day, it shouldn't be dismissed immediately. The Macca suggestion is interesting although I still find it hard to believe a band with zero history at the festival, who typically headlines wherever they go, would take a lower slot and pay cut to do it. Who the hell knows, though. I reckon they've got some surprise up their sleeve and that may well be it.

Taylor, Kendrick and Noel might just be the echo chamber from here again. Hopefully not, because Kendrick and Taylor are the dream, but those names have been discussed a lot here. Be interested to see what Neil thinks, though, if you want to drop him a message.

Edited by jparx

It's the b2b I never thought I wanted but now need.

Saw Stone Sour over the 'Smith back in 2010. Don't really regret it since SS were good, but it'd be nice to finally see Aerosmith.

Need to see some more rumours before I get excited on that front, though. I can't see them headlining and I can't see them playing but not headlining. Happy to be wrong though.