2020 headliners

jj200

I’d put them to headline other, no way big enough to headline the pyramid anymore, especially for the 50th. Only way that would change is if they brought out a banging new album as good as their first three.

The question is would they accept headline other having been a pyramid headliner previously.

Edit: Or a secret set aka Foals, that seems to be an acceptable way for bands to agree to play if they’re not headlining.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’d put them to headline other, no way big enough to headline the pyramid anymore, especially for the 50th. Only way that would change is if they brought out a banging new album as good as their first three.

The question is would they accept headline other having been a pyramid headliner previously.

The answer is no, they wouldn't.

What's going on in this place? Who the hell is actually big enough to headline?

• Upvote 3

The main thing about a festival (especially Glastonbury) is that it is full of different things to see and hear. So when something you don’t really fancy is going on over there you don’t have to see it and then you can decide to go over there or over there or over there or over there or over there or over there. That’s how a festival works. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The answer is no, they wouldn't.

What's going on in this place? Who the hell is actually big enough to headline?

I know what you’re saying, but since they headlined the pyramid their albums have been poor in comparison to what had gone before. They’re obviously still popular, but I don’t see that they’ve got bigger or better, so IMO they’re no longer pyramid headliner worthy. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know what you’re saying, but since they headlined the pyramid their albums have been poor in comparison to what had gone before. They’re obviously still popular, but I don’t see that they’ve got bigger or better, so IMO they’re no longer pyramid headliner worthy. 

If their placing was based on quality they'd have never headlined in the first place.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If their placing was based on quality they'd have never headlined in the first place.

Well that’s subjective, I was a fan and still am, but much less so now, simply because since their first two albums, maybe the third, they’ve been a bit shit. Whatever thou think of them they were still just about in the ascendancy when they headlined, by ever since then they’ve got worse. Obviously if you never liked them in the first place you’ll see it as horses for courses.

8 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well that’s subjective, I was a fan and still am, but much less so now, simply because since their first two albums, maybe the third, they’ve been a bit shit. Whatever thou think of them they were still just about in the ascendancy when they headlined, by ever since then they’ve got worse. Obviously if you never liked them in the first place you’ll see it as horses for courses.

It is subjective because my take is that their last album is their best. It's not as popular but the band is still one of the UK's biggest, has headlined Reading and Leeds, TRNSMT and IOW on the last album and will the Pyramid at Glastonbury again someday.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If they did a Killers or Pulp style "secret" set, I'd be there.

They seem like the types that might do this.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Seen Kasabian a few times, the last time at Glastonbury 2014. I like them as a live act. Up to West Ryder, I really liked them. They hit the skids after that.

If they did a Killers or Pulp style "secret" set, I'd be there.

Headlining again? Count me out.

That’s exactly my take, seen them a few times too, including at the King Power after Leicester won the league. After that I largely went off them and they slipped off my radar. Secret set would be perfect and I’d definitely be there though. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

To the average glasto goer though they’d be considered the same size. Average glasto goer doesn’t care about those things!!

To be fair, if you were looking for the right headliners for the "average Glasto goer", you're basically just looking for musicians with songs everyone knows, so you'd have Liam Gallagher headlining ?