2020 headliners

jj200

In the last 20 years they’ve headlined Wembley Stadium, Hyde Park and Donington twice. I think they’d appeal to a mainstream festival crowd like Glasto more than Metallica, and have a number of hits they can bring out that the crowd may recognise. Can’t see them settling for anything other than headlining but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

In the last 20 years they’ve headlined Wembley Stadium, Hyde Park and Donington twice. I think they’d appeal to a mainstream festival crowd like Glasto more than Metallica, and have a number of hits they can bring out that the crowd may recognise. Can’t see them settling for anything other than headlining but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

yep, they have a few massive tunes, but for most people that's it. 

They are, if you like, more like Janet Jackson than The Cure.

I'm not trying to knock them. I just find it hard to see them as a Glastonbury headliner - tho at the same time I do recognise that they could be.

I’m not a huge Aerosmith fan but would definitely go and see them in the ‘rock slot’. Maybe as a headliner, not sure.

I reckon with weaker competition they’d get a huge turnout playing third down.

But then didn’t Emily say one of the headliners was ‘someone nobody had mentioned’?

The surge in the bookies is strange. I also agree that them accepting below headline would be out of character and probably piss off Andy Copping.

But then I do think there’s been a bit of an influx of aged acts seeing Glastonbury as an exciting prospect. Janet Jackson accepting a middle of the day pyramid slot is very out of character for her.

Big shifts in odds for betting like this doesn’t necessarily mean there’s been loads of bets or cash put down. Someone could’ve opened the book on them, and then literally a handful more lumping the odd fiver on can bring the odds way in. It happens with new manager betting in the football all the time. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier
  • Like 1

Judas Priest have the 50 year thing going on as well, plus Rob Halford said a couple of years ago he’d bloody love to play. Rock slot is definitely Priest then, and they’ll play ‘between the hammer and the anvil’ just to keep me happy  ??? 

Edit; Rock slot chat, not headliner chat: sorry 

Edited by balti-pie

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Judas Priest have the 50 year thing going on as well, plus Rob Halford said a couple of years ago he’d bloody love to play. Rock slot is definitely Priest then, and they’ll play ‘between the hammer and the anvil’ just to keep me happy as well ??? 

Rock slot chat, not headliner chat: sorry 

I wouldn't see them as the 'big' act for the rock slot that Nick mentioned though. They're just about the sort of act I'd expect in that slot.

Is there a reason behind all the Tay Swift love / Ed Sheeran stick within efests? I’d say they’re pretty much a replica of each other, Male to Female (not assuming genders/pronouns).

Both acoustic guitar pop stars and either could sing the others lyrics without me realising it wasn’t actually their song if it came on the radio.

For the record I don’t mind either. I think Sheerans first album was decent but dwindled from there into regurgitated averageness when he found the multi million pound formula of music. Would be gutted if Taylor Swift didn’t play You Belong With Me if she were to do it.

Edited by StevieGed
  • Upvote 1