2020 headliners

jj200

42 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

Aerosmith in fairness.......would be amazing. Take them over Taylor 'broke up with yet another boyfriend so going to write 5 more shit albums' Swift

Think we know who ‘I knew you were trouble’ was about now. Bitter much.

As much as she’s not my cup of tea, really good booking compared to some of the tosh that’s thrown around; and one that is unlikely to be repeated by the festival.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

"I don't want to miss a thing" is a very annoying song. I much prefer this era

Or Dream on is a great track from that era. In general they've got such a huge book of great tracks.

I Really don't care for I don't want to miss a thing either. I turn off the radio if it comes on. But take away that song and they'd hammer out a good set. 

However....its not going to happen. But a man can dream

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Been watching their 2017 Rio set. Would happily have them headline, Tyler’s still got a decent set of pipes and they do most of the hits. And a cheeky Fleetwood Mac cover to boot. 

They often do a Zepplin cover. Have released a Beatles cover in the past. Would be good stuff. Fitting is old Paul plays. Bring him out. Yeah i'm just day dreaming now

Edited by Barry Trotter

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

WHAT! Who’s putting money on Aerosmith? There 10/11 second favourites with Taylor dropping down to fourth on 5/4. Kendricks favourite on 4/6. How? as usual the odds mean nothing but it’s so strange. 

AE3F37E0-B0E8-4FB9-A777-FFA635507948.thumb.png.3649f163f632382183643da51b7e18a1.png

Emily has done a great job of putting the scent off Fleetwood Mac, could be a good time to get on them now at 6/1!

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

But it's not going to happen.

Isn't it?

I've no info about them, but I do think it's very odd how they've suddenly appeared in the betting - and with odds like that. It's strongly suggestive of someone thinking they know something (even if they've got duff info).

The fact it's their 50th too might be a link.

I can't really see them as headliners tho. I think they'd be more likely for the rock slot.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Isn't it?

I've no info about them, but I do think it's very odd how they've suddenly appeared in the betting - and with odds like that. It's strongly suggestive of someone thinking they know something (even if they've got duff info).

The fact it's their 50th too might be a link.

I can't really see them as headliners tho. I think they'd be more likely for the rock slot.

Would they do that though? 

They usually headline festivals when they play them to my knowledge, such as Download?

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Would they do that though? 

They usually headline festivals when they play them to my knowledge, such as Download?

yup, but some bands are more suited to headline some festivals than others. I don't think a rock slot 3rd from top at Glasto would be wrong for them.

Whether they think it's wrong for them is another thing but I don't see it as impossible (tho I don't know how ego-driven they are). They're very well known of course, but they've never been stones-style mega in the UK, and they don't really stand up against today's newer (possible) headliners.