2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Aerosmith would bang. I had a weird obsession with them pre teen.

My first Glasto in 99 my friend, who was an obsessive Aerosmith fan, had been told on good authority that they were the secret headliner after Skunk Anansie on the Sunday. He was so convinced by this that he wouldnt leave the pyramid field after Skunk Anansie had finished even though the lights were up, we could walk right up the front of the stage and the roadies were doing a good job of stripping back Skunk Anansies stage set up without bringing any other staging out. 

Took us a good 30-40 minutes to get him to leave . 

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Game of thrones spoilers below

Hide contents

Bran stark was top odds to win the iron throne a year before season 8 was on TV. Sometimes random things surging in the odds (unprovoked by the media) can have a bit of weight to them.

That was because pretty much the entire plot outline leaked beforehand, it was just that dumb people didn’t believe it. Similar thing happened with the previous season as well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, swede said:

My first Glasto in 99 my friend, who was an obsessive Aerosmith fan, had been told on good authority that they were the secret headliner after Skunk Anansie on the Sunday. He was so convinced by this that he wouldnt leave the pyramid field after Skunk Anansie had finished even though the lights were up, we could walk right up the front of the stage and the roadies were doing a good job of stripping back Skunk Anansies stage set up without bringing any other staging out. 

Took us a good 30-40 minutes to get him to leave . 

Sounds like the poor lad didn't wanna miss a thing

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah.

I know from when I encouraged people to pile money onto Kasabian that it took a fair bit to alter the odds by a fairly big jump.

For aerosmith to suddenly jump in with those odds suggests to me as a minimum a bet of £200+ from one person or at least £50 from two or more people (and actually, probably much more than that).

nope. It took over £500 on Kasabian for that to happen.

This isn't the case someone something from leftfield like Aerosmith.

There could have been a number of reasons it took more to take out the Kasabian price - mainly liabilities on others meaning they were happy to take plenty on Kasabian.

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah.

I know from when I encouraged people to pile money onto Kasabian that it took a fair bit to alter the odds by a fairly big jump.

For aerosmith to suddenly jump in with those odds suggests to me as a minimum a bet of £200+ from one person or at least £50 from two or more people (and actually, probably much more than that).

nope. It took over £500 on Kasabian for that to happen.

Was this at the same time of the year as now?

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It has for sure .. I was about to post the same thing 

16 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned on here before, Posh isn’t even in the band anymore.

It was mentioned by me lol. I reached out to Gnom and it turned out that it’s the same rumour. 

Before anyone says anything the only time I’ve shared that rumour is on here so maybe the person who told Gnom got it from here.

I’m not saying anything because I know the actual house they are looking at - so I wanna respect their privacy.

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

This isn't the case someone something from leftfield like Aerosmith.

There could have been a number of reasons it took more to take out the Kasabian price - mainly liabilities on others meaning they were happy to take plenty on Kasabian.

there's liabilities on others now. The situation is much the same apart from Aerosmith coming out of nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It was mentioned by me lol. I reached out to Gnom and it turned out that it’s the same rumour. 

Before anyone says anything the only time I’ve shared that rumour is on here so maybe the person who told Gnom got it from here.

I’m not saying anything because I know the actual house they are looking at - so I wanna respect their privacy.

2 sources become 1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I've now had 2 people tell me the same thing about the Spice Girls. 

I'd guess it's probably just that the Beckams are going to the festival but I suppose there's a chance.

I remember in the build up to The Open coming to Northern Ireland there were so many rumours about the Beckhams. One was that they had booked out the best restaurant in town for the week. Another was that they paid off the mortgage of a house they were renting as they wanted to build a wall for more privacy.

In the end, they didn't even attend...

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've now had 2 people tell me the same thing about the Spice Girls. 

I'd guess it's probably just that the Beckams are going to the festival but I suppose there's a chance.

Probably a high chance that it’s two people from down here telling you the information as it’s talk of the town where my mum lives.

The house is about an hours drive away from site but the Beckhams come down here a lot. Apparently David has been seen fishing locally to where my mum lives ?.

I think they just enjoy coming to the festival and coming down here so they want property here - but you never know.

Edited by Matt42