2020 headliners

jj200

Has anybody wondered if it might be more likely for FM in a year where they are not touring.

Bare with me - but in the field is potentially tens of thousands of tour tickets they won’t sell as well as the BBC coverage being a risk - if they kill it, demand for tour tickets might rise but also might not, people might have had their fill from the tv, but if they flop it then it could dampen demand for their own tour (were one running simultaneously).

Given that they make a whole lot more from tours than record sales, even with the boost thereto the festival would provide, if they’re really money motivated the full effect of Glastonbury is not so clear cut.

Aerosmith is a really weird band to be 2nd favourite. We more than 99% of the population follow the Glastonbury news more than most. So where has that come from? 

That's as if someone with some knowledge has some sort of idea. 

I can't see them headlining, but would I be that shocked if they were billed as Friday Rock Legends? No. Sold to the band as the Rock version of the Sunday legend slot.

They'd just be a pretty massive act to get doing that.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Aerosmith is a really weird band to be 2nd favourite. We more than 99% of the population follow the Glastonbury news more than most. So where has that come from? 

I can't see them headlining, but would I be that shocked if they were billed as Friday Rock Legends? No. Sold to the band as the Rock version of the Sunday legend slot.

Not to get into a genuine discussion about the size of bands again but christ Aerosmith are definitely headline or nothing ?

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Isn’t Aerosmith one of those bands who would never in a million years lower their fee?

I deffo think they are a rock slot kinda band and not a headliner - but fuck me andy copping would go mad if they played that slot.

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

WHAT! Who’s putting money on Aerosmith? There 10/11 second favourites with Taylor dropping down to fourth on 5/4. Kendricks favourite on 4/6. How? as usual the odds mean nothing but it’s so strange.

not heard anything about them, but money piling onto them seems a bit suspicious.

I can't really see them headlining but I wonder if they're the act for the rock slot - Nick said they had something 'big' lined up for 2020 - and word has leaked out and some peeps think they're headlining?

Just now, eFestivals said:

not heard anything about them, but money piling onto them seems a bit suspicious.

I can't really see them headlining but I wonder if they're the act for the rock slot - Nick said they had something 'big' lined up for 2020 - and word has leaked out and some peeps think they're headlining?

That was my thinking, but they are pretty massive for it. 

I really like their early stuff, Aerosmith & Toys In the Attic are good albums. Though I am not sure how much they'd do off those.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Like I know it’s not the best comparison but they did get Janet Jackson a ‘headline or nothing’ American act to play third down on the pyramid. In America she only accepts headlining slots.

She was also in the midst of some of her precious headlining festival dates being cancelled due to low ticket sales so was probably feeling the pressure to try and get her name back out there in any way she could. Aerosmith don’t have that problem and I don’t really see them being the kind of band to be interested in this at all - gotta imagine they’re all about the money and third down the Pyramid certainly isn’t paying well, even at an increased rate.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That was my thinking, but they are pretty massive for it. 

they are, but Nick's words suggested a bigger act than we'd perhaps expect.

I'm not entirely sure how come Nick mentioned the rock slot for 2020(it wasn't said directly to me). He might have offered the info up unprompted, or he might have said it because he was being asked what had happened to the rock slot.