2020 headliners

jj200

BTW: I'm not sure if y'alls forgettin' but it was specifically the Fleetwood Mac book that leaked a Glastonbury headline appearance, and not an unnamed upcoming sleb autobiography.

Really strange when people make shit up like that, isn't it? Not whoever it was that reported it to us but someone at the start of that line of whispers just straight up saying that to another person knowing full well it isn't true.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What I love is that on here Coldplay are vilified but on the night in 2016 the set got rave reviews and was highly regarded by most of those who saw it.

Despite what we think quite a lot of people would welcome a Coldplay return.

Muddy, raining, exhausted after 5 days on site, but it was a really great performance. They certainly put on a show. We’ve only ever seen them in a festival, never in an arena .

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What no I'm not accusing you. I mean the guy who said they'd heard Fleetwood Mac are playing from a publishing job or the person who told them, or whatever. Just something that I always find odd that someone just did for whatever reason.

I never believed any fleetwood Mac rumours. They’ve been rumoured for as long as I’ve been going to the fest. No matter how convincing the annual rumour is the best thing to do is just disregard it.

They don’t want to play michael’s smelly muddy field. No matter how many times people ask them. They are waiting for Glasto HQ to pay them their full fare when they get desperate. Unfortunately that’s just the way it is. They don’t want to play Glastonbury. 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I never believed any fleetwood Mac rumours. They’ve been rumoured for as long as I’ve been going to the fest.

They don’t want to play michael’s smelly muddy field. No matter how many times people ask them. They are waiting for Glasto HQ to pay them their full fare when they get desperate. Unfortunately that’s just the way it is. They don’t want to play Glastonbury. 

And what's more, I really don't want to see them. I researched them in 2009 the first time I remember them being heavily rumoured. Weak.

• Downvote 1

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

And what's more, I really don't want to see them. I researched them in 2009 the first time I remember them being heavily rumoured. Weak.

It’s different from the stones who always had some kind of interest in doing the festival.

I reckon FM are sick of being asked at this point.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There was definitely a top-secret meeting at some point between record company execs and music press kingpins to decide to remarket those coked out losers as ever having been cool. Interesting you say 2009, that might have been it.

• Downvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

There was definitely a top-secret meeting at some point between record company execs and music press kingpins to decide to remarket those coked out losers as ever having been cool. Interesting you say 2009, that might have been it.

When I got round to listening to Rumours, it turned out to be full of demos for 90s-00s MOR singles that were all better produced. 

The Coors aren't cool, nor are the bands they cover.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What I love is that on here Coldplay are vilified but on the night in 2016 the set got rave reviews and was highly regarded by most of those who saw it.

Despite what we think quite a lot of people would welcome a Coldplay return.

People like Coldplay, and voted for the nazis, you can’t trust people. 

First time I’ve used that quote about actual Coldplay. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

There's an interview with Jarvis Cocker in Glastonbury 50 book. No mention of this years festival as far as I can tell but Pulp confirmed IMO

Let's just hope that a) Pulp are the act they're still in discussions with b) Emily's kids favourite song is Misshapes 

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I never believed any fleetwood Mac rumours. They’ve been rumoured for as long as I’ve been going to the fest. No matter how convincing the annual rumour is the best thing to do is just disregard it.

it's hard to disregard those rumours when it's been Mick that started them and keeps feeding them