2020 headliners

jj200

I like the opening the festival idea, and think that Coldplay would be up for it given its the 50th festival and that they obviously “get” and love Glastonbury.

It will be great publicity for them as it’s actually a real cool thing to do, whereas headlining would bring with it the “what, them again brigade”.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Coldplay 

Elton/Macca/Bruce

Taylor

I mean, you can't argue with it in terms of drawing power.

Whether you like any of them or not, you cannot really get much bigger - they would certainly all fit the occasion.

If any of the above 5 are available, you may forget all about Foals / The 1975 debate - they aren’t even close.

Having a big band open the festival on Friday is just too dangerous. There would be a massive rush towards the Pyramid field, and if it was announced prior to Friday, the field would have to be blocked off - like JP was for the Killers. The latter could happen I suppose, but even then there would be massive crowding issues at the entrance/exit points to the Pyramid field. 

5 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Would Twenty One Pilots play Glastonbury? And if so what slot?

Saw them at Reading this year even though I only knew a few songs.  Really enjoyed it - they put on a cracking show.  I reckon they could definitely be a possibility for the other stage

Just now, circus92 said:

Saw them at Reading this year even though I only knew a few songs.  Really enjoyed it - they put on a cracking show.  I reckon they could definitely be a possibility for the other stage

Well this is why I asked the question, I was there as well and yeah as a show its awesome, especially the amount of crowd interaction they have, would love to see them headline the other stage

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

21p only accept headlining slots so they will only play at the festivals who book them to headline.

Even though at Reading and Leeds they played before Post Malone? I get they were Co-Headliners, but if they are just wanting to be headliners why would they accept to go on before Post Malone, or is it more to do with just been on the Poster as a headliner and spoken about as a headliner?

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

Even though at Reading and Leeds they played before Post Malone? I get they were Co-Headliners, but if they are just wanting to be headliners why would they accept to go on before Post Malone, or is it more to do with just been on the Poster as a headliner and spoken about as a headliner?

Co-headliners are still billed and promoted as headliners.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

21p only accept headlining slots so they will only play at the festivals who book them to headline.

They subbed Foo Fighters at Sziget this year. A lot of their fans only came for them.

They got there early, filled out the front of the stage. Sat bored and lifeless through the early acts, actually causing Johnny Marr to tell them to go fuck themselves and he cut his set short due to the complete lack of audience interaction from a large section of the crowd. 

We got the benefit though as soon as the 21p fans left there was a huge amount of space free to get to the front for Foos.