2020 headliners

jj200

29 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Apparently Coldplay are releasing an “experimental” new album next month and then another “mainstream” new album in 2020, so we may as well just resign ourselves now to them headlining... ??‍♀️?

Honestly, yeah. When it seemed like they would be lucky to get one album out before June 2020 I thought we were safe. Two albums before then and a mooted European tour including festivals in the summer? :(

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Honestly, yeah. When it seemed like they would be lucky to get one album out before June 2020 I thought we were safe. Two albums before then and a mooted European tour including festivals in the summer? :(

Coachella in the pipeline and Rock Werchter....

Its not looking good.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have absolutely no issue with Coldplay popping up on the bill as long as they’re not headlining the Pyramid one night.

The only way I can see them not headlining the Pyramid is if it was a secret set on at the same time as Diana Ross or someone else of that calibre?

Coldplay and Taylor are the two headliners they’ve booked innit. They were talking to both of them since 2017. Taylor discussions started the second Ed Sheeran was booked to do it. Coldplay obviously wanted to return and headline for the 50th anniversary.

Emily’s kids are hell bent on her securing Macca because kids love the Beatles.

It all

makes

sense

8EB9AF1D-6A0E-4B5E-9468-8A7DAEC5FDED.gif

By popular consensus, even on these boards at the time, Coldplay nailed their last headline set. Think what you like of the music, but they bring a top show to the Pyramid.

Still, it won’t have escaped the festival’s attention that the band, and certainly CM, are on the verge of becoming a meme at this point due to how regularly they appear. I think Coldplay may be a backup headliner incase someone drops out but I would be surprised if they were booked outright. It doesn’t exactly scream “pulling out all the stops for the 50th”, does it?

Edited by kalifire

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Coldplay, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift would be annoying but also (probably) the biggest three headliners Glasto have had.

Don't do this, I'd really like to enjoy a Pyramid headliner at the 50th anniversary

• Upvote 1