2020 headliners

jj200

15 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I love Biffy, but their early stuff is relatively naff.

edit: Courteeners are always somewhere south of naff

Vertigo of Bliss and Infinity Land were their creative peak. They haven't released anything remotely as interesting as those two albums since. I don't begrudge them going for a more mainstream audience starting with Puzzle, fair play to them, but musically speaking Vertigo and Infinity are easily their finest hours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Vertigo of Bliss and Infinity Land were their creative peak. They haven't released anything remotely as interesting as those two albums since. I don't begrudge them going for a more mainstream audience starting with Puzzle, fair play to them, but musically speaking Vertigo and Infinity are easily their finest hours.

I'd agree with this, although I quite enjoyed Puzzle - was definitely the perfect age and listening to that music at the time though. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Why does this sound like a scene from American Psycho? 

I’m hoping you don’t have a polished axe at home. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'd agree with this, although I quite enjoyed Puzzle - was definitely the perfect age and listening to that music at the time though. 

Puzzle was alright, yeah. Some decent stuff on it. I think it annoys me more in hindsight, but when it came out I had all the picture disc singles, posters and all sorts. Get Fucked Stud and 9/15ths were belters.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Why does this sound like a scene from American Psycho? 

I’m hoping you don’t have a polished axe at home. 

That's one of the nicest things anyone has said to me on here!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I see the The Biffy Clyro fanclub got their 15 twitter followers to come in here and talk about The Biffy Clyro headlining

Don’t think anyone mentioned pyramid headliner just maybe another stage   Oh wait, I recollect Emily mentioned them as a possible future headliner a few years ago?

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 hours ago, mcshed said:

So last year the first post to mention all 3 of the headliners was in October but it wasn't until January that somebody first suggested them as a trio. Technically it was @sisco a few posts before Matt who threw out The Killers when we where fairly settled on The Cure and Stormzy had already been announced but Matt was the first to mention all three(which is easier to search for).

I've a long bus journey later so might do this for previous years.

I’m proud of myself for mentioning it but prouder of you for finding it! 

1 minute ago, Adamsolo24 said:

Anyone mentioned Queen and Adam Lambert yet? Pretty sure they are touring in Europe at that time and even though it’s Queen lite, that’s still bigger than most 

Been discussed to death, but their dates effectively rule them out, and even if they didn't then they still wouldn't be likely for various reasons.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Adamsolo24 said:

Anyone mentioned Queen and Adam Lambert yet? Pretty sure they are touring in Europe at that time and even though it’s Queen lite, that’s still bigger than most 

I believe Brian May is currently writing a song called badgers are bastards in a vain attempt to ingratiate himself with Michael.