2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Does anyone have the time and inclination to through previous headliner threads and see when the actual headliners where first predicted each year.

I seriously hope no one does this. Sometimes it takes me an hour just to get through the past day of rumors just skimming to see if theres any valuable info. 

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Does anyone have the time and inclination to through previous headliner threads and see when the actual headliners where first predicted each year.

Not the exact time but it was mid-October last year when EE quashed the FM and Madonna rumours and Stormzy got an honourable mention. So this time last year there was lots of chat about Stormzy, The Cure but not The Killlers.

So this tells us absolutely nothing as #thereisnopattern

Looks like we might have finally got Gaga for Fri judging by her latest heavily Glasto related Instagram post...

I mean, they're striking pyramid poses...

20191016_080216.thumb.jpg.fa3a59908fd0333a7b33b09bb4c22ca0.jpg

Even the flight attendant in the back is dropping hints

20191016_080446.jpg.365151873f0af0aef36f00dfc183f742.jpg

Gaga herself is pulling her top to highlight the G in Enigma, obvs as a nod to Glastonbury.

20191016_081040.thumb.jpg.13cd37e60ab15a134ac298653fb41f89.jpg

And the clincher, is they way they are spelling out FRI...

20191016_080944.thumb.jpg.bb93934f03b2ade40c721ef1e9e36a8d.jpg

All pretty conclusive I think you'd agree.

Edited by Keithy
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 35

17 hours ago, leonaves said:

Also I would like to say I'm very happy that "awareness" doesn't necessarily correlate with who the festival books. Do any of us really want a Justin Bieber headline set?

Have to say, I worked at BST when he headlined. Thought I'd check out a song or two to see the hype & before I knew it, I'd been there an hour. Not for me, but definitely knows how to put on a show.

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I seriously hope no one does this. Sometimes it takes me an hour just to get through the past day of rumors just skimming to see if theres any valuable info. 

On 1/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, Matt42 said:

I reckon the killers would probably go down very well. The Glasto chat lot would probably be very happy with it.

Stormzy, The Killers and The Cure would definitely be my least favourite trio of headliners Glastonbury has ever had but it does look strong on paper

On 10/11/2018 at 11:56 PM, ourkid1984 said:

I love the wild speculation on here. Acts both being considered and ruled out just on hearsay. Let's face it even acts that have shows elsewhere on the same weekend can't be completely ruled out. 

I think they will probably follow a similar pattern to previous years, a modern pop act/hip hop/urban, a Glastonbury favourite and an act that are fully established but also still current. 

With that in mind I think any 3 of,  Sam Smith, Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Stormzy, The Cure, Mumford and Sons, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Killers or Paul McCartney.

My guess from those would be Lady Gaga, Mumford and Sons and Paul McCartney.

So last year the first post to mention all 3 of the headliners was in October but it wasn't until January that somebody first suggested them as a trio. Technically it was @sisco a few posts before Matt who threw out The Killers when we where fairly settled on The Cure and Stormzy had already been announced but Matt was the first to mention all three(which is easier to search for).

I've a long bus journey later so might do this for previous years.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So last year the first post to mention all 3 of the headliners was in October but it wasn't until January that somebody first suggested them as a trio. Technically it was @sisco a few posts before Matt who threw out The Killers when we where fairly settled on The Cure and Stormzy had already been announced but Matt was the first to mention all three(which is easier to search for).

omg really?

I promise I didn’t have any insider information lol.

I remember in 2013 someone put Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, Mumford & Sons on the first page lol.

11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Lots of other articles suggest it if you google it including one from the BBC. It probably does. Either party any harm to suggest the Stones made a loss doing it though does it? Wether they actually did or not is probably another matter.

Yeah true. ‘The Stones were so desperate to play they built their own stage’ is quality PR

41 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I think @Gnomicide stands a good chance of nailing it with the second post in this thread. Calling The 1975, Macca and Swift back in March was a great shout, even if it doesn't fully pan out. Even the order looks right.

How quick the rumours change we have gone from Fleetwood looking likely to Mccartney looking like a real possibility to Reg been the favourite out of the 3, in the matter of a week...I wouldn't be surprised if we are miles away with our guesses from the actual headliners

On 6/27/2016 at 10:30 AM, FloorFiller said:

Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran. Stone Roses if Foos aren't back to touring by then

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

omg really?

I promise I didn’t have any insider information lol.

I remember in 2013 someone put Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, Mumford & Sons on the first page lol.

Managed it in 3 posts for 2017.

9 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

How quick the rumours change we have gone from Fleetwood looking likely to Mccartney looking like a real possibility to Reg been the favourite out of the 3, in the matter of a week...I wouldn't be surprised if we are miles away with our guesses from the actual headliners

FM and Macca were never looking likely, given that neither are touring next year. As usual it's people on here getting carried away without stopping to think.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca seems to only book shows max 6 months in advance

Which makes the thing about him dropping out for 2019 seem slightly strange as he would surely have known they had him earmarked for those dates before deciding on his US dates.