2020 headliners

jj200

If it's a toss up between Elton and Bruce for the act that's already locked in then I'd say it's the former.  He's got tour dates booked through to the end of 2020, whereas Boss's plans are probably still more conjectural. E Street Band will probably hit the road in 2020 but the specific aren't known.

Same with Macca.

Possibly mentioned already but Coldplay reportedly joining the double album club with one ‘experimental’ one being released before the end of this year and another more commercial one next year, so basically it’s not a matter of if they’ll be at Glastonbury but just in what capacity they’ll be making their overbearing presence known. 

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

I was gutted at that no show. Had waited a long time to see them and then they pulled that stunt. Good job the rest of the line up was unreal.

Little Boot's, Robyn, Satin Jackets, Shura, Depeche Mode, Roosevelt, Hot Chip, Cut Copy and Pet Shop Boys have all had new music out over the last few years that I have found far more enjoyable than Kendrick.

I don’t doubt it. 

8 hours ago, Quark said:

I did give TPAB a spin based on what I picked up on here. For my ears it's ok, but nothing that I want to listen to again. Although I could have saved time and applied the "fuck that shite" filter to it as its hip hop ;)

Thing with recommendations and acclaimed stuff is you physically can't fit everything in. Time is a fucker like that. It's why I've never read War & Peace or Pride & Prejudice, or never watched Breaking Bad or The Sopranos. It's not necessarily anything to do with dismissing something out of hand, but I have to choose where to point my time. If that means genres or artists get overlooked, regardless of how critically acclaimed they are, well never mind.

On that we agree. Bloody good album.

Pray for this man. Sopranos is better than any album, film, show of owt else this century. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tried watching the Sopranos after watching thr Wire & got bored. Probably because I started it straight after, but -

The Wire > Everything else

Nah. Stringer trying to get Clay Davis clipped? Jimmy McNulty biting c**ts with false teeth to fabricate a serial killer. Don’t be daft mate.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Nah. Stringer trying to get Clay Davis clipped? Jimmy McNulty biting c**ts with false teeth to fabricate a serial killer. Don’t be daft mate.

That bit is the only bit I can give you, I'd have binned that off.

Stringer wanting to bump off Clay Davis? Yeah, I'd see that. That's what brings him down. Ideas over his station.

I tried with the Sopranos after watching the Wire, but I have never bothered since. Tbh, I don't watch much TV.

The Wire season 4 is pretty much perfect. 

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Disagree. Elton is in that tier, as far as I'm concerned. Not many are, but he is.

Agreed. Elton, Madge and FM probably the only ones left in that tier yet to play.

(Cue people reeling off a whole list of people I’ve forgotten).

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Stringer wanting to bump off Clay Davis? Yeah, I'd see that. That's what brings him down. Ideas over his station.

I tried with the Sopranos after watching the Wire, but I have never bothered since. Tbh, I don't watch much TV.

Apart from series 5 The Wire is potentially the best thing to ever appear on TV.

Season 2 I think is my favourite. 

24 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mos def. First 4 seasons are class then slightly fell off for me. Still my second favourite!

2 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Also, at the start of the 2019 Headliners thread (March 16, 2017) @rzwodezwo predicts:

Macca

FM

So that confirms my theory. This must be the default starting position for every headliners thread.

Does anyone have the time and inclination to through previous headliner threads and see when the actual headliners where first predicted each year.