2020 headliners

jj200

If Taylor Swift and Elton John are two of the headliners then really they could get away with putting some total chancers like Foals in slot 3, but really the cishets get enough of their middling crap at the top of the bill every year so The 1975 gotta have that slot.

Remember in the very early run up to 2014 and Neil had some whisper in his ear that Elbow had been offered the headline slot and in our information starved state we sort of entertained the idea for a little bit? This Foals thing is a but like that but at least people knew that song where he goes holy cow, nobody knows sine wave cosine wave.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Remember in the very early run up to 2014 and Neil had some whisper in his ear that Elbow had been offered the headline slot and in our information starved state we sort of entertained the idea for a little bit? This Foals thing is a but like that but at least people knew that song where he goes holy cow, nobody knows sine wave cosine wave.

I’m not gonna forget that you were shouting out Foals b-sides all over the threads a few years back so you can stop trying.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I’m not gonna forget that you were shouting out Foals b-sides all over the threads a few years back so you can stop trying.

I don't make any secret of the fact that I fucked with Foals big time up until the Holy Fire era. Antidotes and the pre album singles are brilliant, half of TLF slaps hard, Holy Fire has no fewer than TWO legitimate toe-tappers. My tally of seeing them live got to something like 11, I have personally hugged two members of Foals. The 1975 are unlistenable garbage, but the fact remains that her from behind bar in Rovers' lad and the lads are headliners and Foals are not.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't make any secret of the fact that I fucked with Foals big time up until the Holy Fire era. Antidotes and the pre album singles are brilliant, half of TLF slaps hard, Holy Fire has no fewer than TWO legitimate toe-tappers. My tally of seeing them live got to something like 11, I have personally hugged two members of Foals. The 1975 are unlistenable garbage, but the fact remains that her from behind bar in Rovers' lad and the lads are headliners and Foals are not.

What I’m reading is that you love to see it and you’re making it 12 times in June.

I don’t get why people without a horse in the race strongly want to see the true headliners defeat these apparent no-marks. Are y’all knights of the festival saving m’lady Glastonbury from having a slightly weaker headliner? Why give a crap?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised if the talk about FM breaking down over money is true given that both sides have been making eyes at each other this year. Might be that they’ve asked for an even bigger fee to do it as a one off than they would have had they been touring.

Still think they’ll do it next time they’re active.

What’s suggested is that Mick, the one who has been making eyes, wants it whereas some or all of the others don’t. There’s not much more to read into it than that.

2 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Same place as the Billy Joel rumour

Thought I started the Billy Joel rumour

Elton and Taylor would both be massive massive headliners. Put whoever you want on the remaining day, would be hard to complain with that (although I'm sure people would still manage)

2 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Elton and Taylor would both be massive massive headliners. Put whoever you want on the remaining day, would be hard to complain with that (although I'm sure people would still manage)

There is no headliner that there wouldn't be complaints about. I'm not sure what the complaints against booking Elton would be but I guess I'd be happy to find out.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There is no headliner that there wouldn't be complaints about. I'm not sure what the complaints against booking Elton would be but I guess I'd be happy to find out.

If Elton did play I'd expect a record attendance on the pyramid. There's not many artists who's setlist's are so bangertastic. For example

Bennie and the Jets

All the Girls Love Alice

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues

Border Song

Tiny Dancer

Philadelphia Freedom

Indian Sunset

Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)

Take Me to the Pilot

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

Someone Saved My Life Tonight

Levon

Candle in the Wind

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Burn Down the Mission

Daniel

Believe

Sad Songs (Say So Much)

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

The Bitch Is Back

I'm Still Standing

Crocodile Rock

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Encore:

Your Song

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

I mean wow, 90% of that would be superb glastonbury moments

33 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Thought I started the Billy Joel rumour

You didn’t start the rumour; it’s was always churning since this forums been turning.

Elton’s the one though that means you can get whatever other headliners you want. Even those who are roundly mocking me at the moment for having him as my number 1 pick will be belting out Tiny Dancer IF the time comes.  As you say bangertastic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

If Elton did play I'd expect a record attendance on the pyramid. There's not many artists who's setlist's are so bangertastic. For example

Bennie and the Jets

All the Girls Love Alice

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues

Border Song

Tiny Dancer

Philadelphia Freedom

Indian Sunset

Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)

Take Me to the Pilot

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

Someone Saved My Life Tonight

Levon

Candle in the Wind

Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Burn Down the Mission

Daniel

Believe

Sad Songs (Say So Much)

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

The Bitch Is Back