2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m sure I’d read/heard that regardless of fee the Stones actually lost money due to that massive stage they had built.

Stones just played on the usual Pyramid. I think they had a ramp down to the barrier but other than that it was a scaled down show.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stones just played on the usual Pyramid. I think they had a ramp down to the barrier but other than that it was a scaled down show.

This is the first article that comes up when you google it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/2017/06/159079/how-much-glastonbury-pays-artists-bands

The Rolling Stones were even reported to have made a loss for headlining Glastonbury in 2013 because they spent money on revamping the Pyramid Stage.”

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This is the first article that comes up when you google it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/2017/06/159079/how-much-glastonbury-pays-artists-bands

The Rolling Stones were even reported to have made a loss for headlining Glastonbury in 2013 because they spent money on revamping the Pyramid Stage.”

Fuck knows in that case. Maybe they put in new carpets backstage.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Drake is another who has completely passed me by in the main. I heard that "Hotline Bling" tune & never bothered going any further. 

That tune "feelings" was on every twitter / facebook feed with people walking out of the cars. I just don't get those 2 tunes at all. Absolutely nothing about them whatsoever.

I presumed Kanye was / is bigger than Drake though? 

Don't worry you've missed absolutely nothing.

Utter dog shit.

Just now, Jne___ said:

Second night in a row Jo Wiley’s whacked some Elton on ... I’m calling it

All in for this happening now. On paper he might not quite be the level of Stones, Mac, McCartney or other mega headliners, but he can take on any of them when it comes to bangers and chosen rightly there wouldn’t be a duff moment in his set. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

All in for this happening now. On paper he might not quite be the level of Stones, Mac, McCartney or other mega headliners, but he can take on any of them when it comes to bangers and chosen rightly there wouldn’t be a duff moment in his set. 

Agreed. And think seeing as he’s so objectively a big big name it would make up for the (as evidenced by the last few pages of this thread) the more subjective names  of Foals, 1975 etc (if they’re on the bill too) 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Right now Eltons stock is high. 

He’s just had a film made about his life. He’s also popped up in another film with strong Glasto links. 

He’s going to be popular with people of all ages rather than a select few. I could see myself popping along if he headlined. Definitely 50th anniversary calibre. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

His Bestival set remains absolutely top tier for me, and I think you've absolutely nailed it re the amount of bangers he's got ready to dish out. 

Ultimately when you're there on the night the bangers are all that matters, and if the headliner "gets it" as well (which I think Elton absolutely would) then it's just the icing on the cake. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd say he is definitely at the level of the Mac. Maybe not Macca, but Elton is about the 5th biggest selling act of all time. Its just the fact he has never stopped really. He pops a lot of places.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

11 hours ago, maelzoid said:

At least they turned up... #MadCool

Fuck Massive Attack!

I was gutted at that no show. Had waited a long time to see them and then they pulled that stunt. Good job the rest of the line up was unreal.

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

On a serious note what shite have you been listening to the past god knows how many years if you haven’t listened to Kendrick? Guys put out two of the best albums this decade according to anyone with even a passing interest in music. 

Little Boot's, Robyn, Satin Jackets, Shura, Depeche Mode, Roosevelt, Hot Chip, Cut Copy and Pet Shop Boys have all had new music out over the last few years that I have found far more enjoyable than Kendrick.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep can’t argue with that at all. Third headliner could be the decider on it being seen as a classic trio (hoping to be surprised by a non 1975/Foals result) but those two would be big gets for the 50th.

Even Foals would get less of a roasting if they're the meat in the room accompanying two genuine heavyweights.