2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

So what you're saying is you don't really listen to/know much from that genre, yet you know who Kendrick Lemar is?

Pretty impressive on his part I'd say.

No, he said he only knows who Kendrick Lemar is because of this forum. 

The majority of Glastonbury goers couldn't tell you anything about Kendrick, the same can be said about Stormzy and a Coachella crowd. 

Just because he is big in your eyes, it doesn't make him big in the UK. He would take the Snoop Dog slot for me and no higher. 

2 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

The majority of Glastonbury goers couldn't tell you anything about Kendrick, the same can be said about Stormzy and a Coachella crowd. 

Just because he is big in your eyes, it doesn't make him big in the UK. He would take the Snoop Dog slot for me and no higher. 

points lost for only one g in Dogg, looks like I win this round.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

He's arguably the biggest rapper in the world. The majority of people under 30 in the UK will know who he is. 13 grammys, over a billion views on his top 3 YouTube videos, sold-out world tours, sold out every UK appearance for his last tour including 3 nights at the O2 arena, headlined Reading, first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize. Just because he's not that big in your eyes, doesn't mean he isn't, and what I've stated proves he's pretty bloody big haha. 

Edited by jackmerton
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

He's hands down the biggest rapper in the world. The majority of people under 30 in the UK will know who he is. 13 grammys, over a billion views on his top 3 YouTube videos, sold-out world tours, sold out every UK appearance for his last tour including 3 nights at the O2 arena, headlined Reading, first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize. Just because he's not that big in your eyes, doesn't mean he isn't, and what I've stated proves he's pretty bloody big haha. 

According to Google he's only 5"6' (168cm) so not really that big.

8 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

He's hands down the biggest rapper in the world. The majority of people under 30 in the UK will know who he is. 13 grammys, over a billion views on his top 3 YouTube videos, sold-out world tours, sold out every UK appearance for his last tour including 3 nights at the O2 arena, headlined Reading, first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize. Just because he's not that big in your eyes, doesn't mean he isn't, and what I've stated proves he's pretty bloody big haha. 

I was about to type that I’m under 30 and I don’t really know who he is anything more than his name and he’s a rapper... I literally couldn’t tell you any of his songs or pick him out of a lineup. 

I then realised that I’m not under 30 anymore, which is deeply upsetting!! 

Just now, JoBalls said:

I was about to type that I’m under 30 and I don’t really know who he is anything more than his name and he’s a rapper... I literally couldn’t tell you any of his songs or pick him out of a lineup. 

I then realised that I’m not under 30 anymore, which is deeply upsetting!! 

Hahah don't worry, I'm 29, not that far behind! :) Maybe when I hit 30 his discography will fade from my memory?

32 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Sorry but the 1975 are miles bigger than Foals, surprised it's an argument

Also 1975 are better but that is obviously down to opinion

1975 are definitely bigger but unfortunately they’re so bad the festival could hardly get away with putting this on the pyramid 

People are getting needlessly vexed by this. It's not surprising that a significant portion of the Glastonbury clientele don't know his music. Many people just don't follow rap music because they know it doesn't interest them - which is fine - and Glastonbury isn't a festival that is big on rap music either so it makes sense.

It's certainly bullshit to claim that he isn't big in the UK, or that hip hop in general isn't, but that's a different thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Just not that. Other stuff.

Guessing you've given Bach's Mass in B Minor a good few spins as it's widely considered to be one of the greatest pieces of classical music ever written? I mean what shite have you been listening to if you haven't listened to that?

Dunno about specifics but I did listen to some Bach once after reading Paul McCartney was a big fan. I’ve dipped my toes into what are considered to be the best representations of a lot of genres (but not metal or country coz fuck that shite) why wouldn’t you? Only takes a google and stream or download. 

My point is when literally everyone is saying how great Kendrick is, Frank Ocean is, Kanye West is, Radiohead are, other acts that have been so acclaimed in the past 5/10 years why wouldn’t you give their record an hour of your time? 

If you’d have told me 10 years ago Beyoncé’s sister would have made one of the best records of 2016 I’d have laughed you out of town but everyone was hyping it so I listened to it and it was brilliant.

also I was trollin’

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
Coz

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Dunno about specifics but I did listen to some Bach once after reading Paul McCartney was a big fan. I’ve dipped my toes into what are considered to be the best representations of a lot of genres (but not metal or country coz fuck that shite) why wouldn’t you? Only takes a google and stream or download. 

My point is when literally everyone is saying how great Kendrick is, Frank Ocean is, Kanye West is, Radiohead are, other acts that have been so acclaimed in the past 5/10 years why wouldn’t you give their record an hour of your time? 

If you’d have told me 10 years ago Beyoncé’s sister would have made one of the best records of 2016 I’d have laughed you out of town but everyone was hyping it so I listened to it and it was brilliant.

also I was trollin’

preach 

56 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

He's arguably the biggest rapper in the world. The majority of people under 30 in the UK will know who he is. 13 grammys, over a billion views on his top 3 YouTube videos, sold-out world tours, sold out every UK appearance for his last tour including 3 nights at the O2 arena, headlined Reading, first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize. Just because he's not that big in your eyes, doesn't mean he isn't, and what I've stated proves he's pretty bloody big haha. 

He’s not going to shag you, mate.

2 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Kendrick is the biggest rapper since Eminem

Lol I get what you mean but ain’t no one coming close to Eminem at his peak. 

Eminem in his peak was selling Adele numbers. No other rapper has come close since, not even Drake!

I know Eminem is a problematic artist but the only rapper which has come close to Eminem at his peak is Drake.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I get what you mean but ain’t no one coming close to Eminem at his peak. 

Eminem in his peak was selling Adele numbers. No other rapper has come close since, not even Drake!

I know Eminem is a problematic artist but the only rapper which has come close to Eminem at his peak is Drake.

Yeah I was saying since meaning that he's not as big