2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

On a serious note what shite have you been listening to the past god knows how many years if you haven’t listened to Kendrick? Guys put out two of the best albums this decade according to anyone with even a passing interest in music. 

Just not that. Other stuff.

Guessing you've given Bach's Mass in B Minor a good few spins as it's widely considered to be one of the greatest pieces of classical music ever written? I mean what shite have you been listening to if you haven't listened to that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

On a serious note what shite have you been listening to the past god knows how many years if you haven’t listened to Kendrick? Guys put out two of the best albums this decade according to anyone with even a passing interest in music. 

Absolutely love posts like these.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My bets are Taylor Swift (unfortunately), Kendrick Lamar and Paul McCartney. Kendrick Lamar would be absolutely huge. Arguably the biggest rapper in the world nowadays (Some might argue Drake, which is fair enough). His last three albums have been HEAVILY critically acclaimed hits, he has a much higher level of artistry to his music than the more commercial leanings of the other biggest rappers, he's the first ever rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize, and his music reflects on political and social topics which I think fits in with Glastonbury. The only obstacle is that he'd likely cost an absolute bomb, as would Taylor Swift. If anybody isn't aware of him - he's from Compton, was signed and is the latest prodigy of Dr. Dre. I'd really recommend giving him a fair go (Let me know your opinion, would love to hear a thoughtful and considered view from a newcomer to his music) - his 3 albums are quite different tonally so if you're going in completely unaware, they tend to go like this:

1. Good Kid MAAD City (Debut album, autobiographical, the album theme is growing up in a city divided by good/bad, crips/bloods, poverty/riches, etc etc)

2. To Pimp A Butterfly (Second album and most critically acclaimed. VERY Jazz-influenced, reflecting on his own inner demons and the trapfalls of fame and inner peace)

3. DAMN (Third and latest album, very dark tonally, each track is named after an emotion/mindstate, and deals with duality, paranoia, personal worries, etc etc)

Apologies for the essay, but I'd just love to see him there haha

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just not that. Other stuff.

Guessing you've given Bach's Mass in B Minor a good few spins as it's widely considered to be one of the greatest pieces of classical music ever written? I mean what shite have you been listening to if you haven't listened to that?

No need to turn into the Joker my dude.