2020 headliners

jj200

That Foals debate got a bit annoying yesterday, glad we can all come together to stand up for king fu Kenny. 

Kendrick Lemar is the best headliner Glastonbury hasn't had yet and one of the few rumours that gets me genuinely excited for the big one. 

(To be fair I think maybe Taylor Swift has a claim at that but doesn't really interest me on a personal level so someone else will have to stand up for her).

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is it just me who has TPAB in third place? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great record, but I always go for one of the others from the big three before that one.

Yes, it's just you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I worry how out of touch some people are on this forum with what is popular. Kendrick is huge wtf.

People are into different things - The demographic on the forum are not that into hip hop. I hadn't heard of Kendrick until a couple of years ago on reading this forum. I put on to pimp a butterfly and liked it.  

A few of my mates saw the Leeds line up and asked who Kendrick was. In Britain  he has not broken through to the masses in the same way as someone like Kanye West, Jay-Z has, due to a lack of "danceable" (for want of a better term) hit singles, but he is big with the kids and a definite headliner, IF he was to play.. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Kendrick Lamar's headline set at Reading was ... alright.

This is true, saw him on tour that year and at reading, and he was better on tour but part of it was to do with an issue with massive overcrowding down the front at Reading, none of us up there had enough space to mosh or even just jump around a bit.

Just now, C14S said:

This is true, saw him on tour that year and at reading, and he was better on tour but part of it was to do with an issue with massive overcrowding down the front at Reading, none of us up there had enough space to mosh or even just jump around a bit.

Yeah it was RAMMED.

He was absolutely incredible in 2015 mind.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

People are into different things - The demographic on the forum are not that into hip hop. I hadn't heard of Kendrick until a couple of years ago on reading this forum. I put on to pimp a butterfly and liked it.  

A few of my mates saw the Leeds line up and asked who Kendrick was. In Britain  he has not broken through to the masses in the same way as someone like Kanye West, Jay-Z has, due to a lack of "danceable" (for want of a better term) hit singles, but he is big with the kids and a definite headliner, IF he was to play.. 

It doesn’t take being into an act to be able to see that they are obviously huge. Kendrick is basically the biggest non-heritage act out there right now.

1 minute ago, C14S said:

Also he had a shorter set than I imagine he wanted having to cohead with panic at the bloody disco

I might need to even smaller text to say this but..

Panic! At The Disco were actually much better than you'd expect and would do a great job at Glastonbury.

• Like 1

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I might need to even smaller text to say this but..

Panic! At The Disco were actually much better than you'd expect and would do a great job at Glastonbury.

Unfortunately you're right but they would've also been a fantastic sub on that day, or let them coheadline with fall out boy not my boy kenny ?