2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

Theres no way its Taylor and Kendrick. If they could afford that then we would be getting FM. I can see Taylor agreeing to do it for a lower fee because of the prestige but I dont think KK would give a fuck. Maybe if he announces a tour and is all over Europe anyways? I cant see it happening. 

I thought it wasn’t FM because they weren’t touring rather than the bunce (this time)?

6 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

If Kendrick is there, I’d say that’s a decent indication we get the rest of TDE also. I’m very much here for Q, Jay Rock, Ab soul and SZA at Glastonbury.

Get James Blake out for King’s Dead as well ? 

I saw him just after he brought good kid, m.a.a.d city out and he was really good, saw him again earlier this year and you could really see how he’s developed as a rapper. The first time he had a band and a hype man. He didn’t rely upon his hype man but he was helped by him quite a lot. The second time he was completely on his own and he absolutely killed it. Obviously there was a bit of a backing track but it was such polished performance. Love him to do it next year. 

2 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

Hip hop isn't that big in the UK.  A Google search says the biggest British artists are N-Dubz and Lady Sovereign. 

The average person in the UK couldn't tell you a Kendrick Lamar song or pick him out in a line up

Oh gosh. Have you been asleep for the last 10 years? Hip hop is huge at the moment lol.

Kendrick, Drake, Dave, AJ Tracey, Travis Scott, A$AP ROCKY are aaaaalll coming for big spots on future glasto lineups. Strap yourselves in.

37 minutes ago, icebear said:

Err.. I was not using the basis of selling out two nights at Ally Pally as a reason as to why Foals should headline. I was simply replying to someone who said they shouldn’t even be discussed because they hadn’t played The O2. When actually, they sold more tickets for two nights at Ally Pally than they would have for one night at The O2, that's all.

For context The 1975 have sold out 2 nights at the O2 for 2 years running.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh gosh. Have you been asleep for the last 10 years? Hip hop is huge at the moment lol.

Kendrick, Drake, Dave, AJ Tracey, Travis Scott, A$AP ROCKY are aaaaalll coming for big spots on future glasto lineups. Strap yourselves in.

I don't think Glasto has enough clout with the US hip hop stars to make it worth dropping their prices to play. It's a steady complaint about the festival that it doesn't really deliver on that front.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think Glasto has enough clout with the US hip hop stars to make it worth dropping their prices to play. It's a steady complaint about the festival that it doesn't really deliver on that front.

They won’t get them all but they will get some. I deffo think Emily is going to chase Drake one year. She probably wants to get Kendrick signed first.

Just now, Matt42 said:

They won’t get them all but they will get some. I deffo think Emily is going to chase Drake one year. She probably wants to get Kendrick signed first.

I really doubt that they would ever agree on a fee with Drake. A few years ago he did 5 dates at the o2, tickets were ~100 a pop

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Surely after some absence, Kendrick would want a tour under his belt before he considers festivals. 

That's not usually the way it goes for him. There were a lot of festivals on the TPAB tour, particularly in Europe. And the DAMN tour started at a festival, of course. He even has a festival show lined up next month.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

R+L can't even get Drake and they paid many millions for Kendrick and Eminem. Glastonbury ought to think about booking these US hip hop acts on the way up rather than when they're priced out. Even Trav now is headline or nothing with a price tag that's possibly seven figures. Remember when we thought Cardi B was nailed on because she had tour dates (scheduled) around Glasto.

Mind you, Reading and Leeds has its finger on the pulse with booking in-demand US rappers and then most drop out so maybe saves a headache.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, evannn said:

I really doubt that they would ever agree on a fee with Drake. A few years ago he did 5 dates at the o2, tickets were ~100 a pop

I really think glasto hq could get drake if they tried. He’s always desperate to raise his UK profile.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Remember when we thought Cardi B was nailed on because she had tour dates (scheduled) around Glasto.

And Emily followed her on twitter.

I deffo think Glasto HQ tried, but I think Cardi is a hard booking because she cancels shows left right and centre.

based on a gut feeling I reckon Drake has never been asked. I do think Glasto will ask him one year though - maybe when his stock goes down a little bit.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And Emily followed her on twitter.

I deffo think Glasto HQ tried, but I think Cardi is a hard booking because she cancels shows left right and centre.

based on a gut feeling I reckon Drake has never been asked. I do think Glasto will ask him one year though - maybe when his stock goes down a little bit.

Where do you get this from? ’i think Emily will chase drake’ ’i defo think glasto hq tried’ - weird statements to assert based on nothing.

Cardi B is at most medium sized in the uk. The only one you mentioned big enough now is drake and I’d guess he won’t take the pay cut. I hope so anyway because a more perplexingly successful artist i cant think of. His music is absolutely and utterly shite in every concievable way. Its like a joke that just got taken too far.

The only one in that list that I can see as a realistic future headliner is Dave but I’m not sure i’d call it hip hop either.

I dont think Drake wants the pressure again to do well at a major major festival. He did not do well at at at Coachella 4 years ago because he thought he could be Kanye and do the show just by himself. Youre going to get a ton of songs that are 2 minutes in length because almost all of his songs have a guest on them, and he had none of them show up. He was really good on his last tour because he had a great production, Migos as support who also were on a lot of his songs and he just figured out how to perform better. But I dont think he would ever think he could live up to the hype that would be put on him if he was booked.  His fee will be higher because youre going to have to get a decent amount of guests, and they arent going to perform for free. ( except chris martin ) Cardi B was paid 70k USD per weekend  for Coachella last year and she claims she spent another 300k on her ''production''  aka guests. She had some dancers  and minimal led screens, so yeah,  most of her money went to pay the people who came out on 5 of her songs during a 35 minute set. She also even ranted about why she doesnt tour because of costs and such and festivals are just easy cause they just give her whatever she wants, and even revealed what some festivals paid her. Openair in switzerland gave her 900k usd, plus a private plane to fly in. Glasto isnt going to fork that over, they can get somebody better or pad the line up with multiple acts for that amount.

Edited by Suprefan