2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Taylor Swift shortened from 10/11 to 1/2 with William Hill. 

Just checked and she was available at 10/1 back in July. Now odds on across the board.

The money confirms she will be playing the festival next summer. 

On a market like this the bookies will just offer odds based on what people are betting as they don't carry inside sources (or they wouldn't offer the market in the first place)

If we all collectively agree to bet big on Daft Punk we could probably get them from 25/1 to 3/1

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

C - there aren't enough Money Trees at Worthy Farm to cover his fee.

D - Glastonbury probably wouldn't book Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift in the same year, lets be reeeeeeeeeeeal

If they had the opportunity to book both in the same year, I absolutely think they would. Stick Foal and the Lads on as the 3rd headliner and what’s the issue? The money is probably why it won’t happen, not because they wouldn’t want them both in the same year.

7 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I dunno, I'm not sure they're going to be that precious about having a mix if they can get K-Dot and TS in the same year. If they were either side of a Macca Saturday there'd be no complaints.

Not that I'm expecting it to happen mind.

I know it will happen eventually but a contemporary pop act and a contemporary rap act will upset the Glasto applecart way too much, imo. Especially with the hype going turbo with this so-called 50 year anniversary or whatever it is.

It's a fest that has, if I'm not mistaken, not had less than two rock acts in the same year before - or not for a couple of decades at least. Coachella only just did that a couple of years ago and the average attendee is certainly younger and more in-tune with charts pop and hip hop than at Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

If they had the opportunity to book both in the same year, I absolutely think they would. Stick Foal and the Lads on as the 3rd headliner and what’s the issue? The money is probably why it won’t happen, not because they wouldn’t want them both in the same year.

Maybe, but I don't see why people glide over it like it's nothing for Glastonbury to put them both on as headliners.

44 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Kendrick Lamar not huge in the UK? We are talking about the same critically acclaimed, hugely influential rapper right? His cultural significance is huge everywhere but if you wanna pinpoint the UK stuff... He has a UK #1 album, has headlined Reading Festival and has sold out arenas up and down the country. Opinions are like arse holes of course but mine is that he would be a huge headliner and those hoping it would flop would be bitterly disappointed.

He did but his latest effort was #2 and his singles chart performance has been so so. Quite big, not huge. In America he is, but not here.

Quite big could cut it if his appeal was broad enough but I don’t think it is.

Foals latest album was also #2. I’m not saying they’re a better choice or even a good one, just providing context.

8 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Imagine Daft Punk finally playing the Pyramid stage.... but only for 15 minutes for an encore with the Coldplay like they did with Phoenix?

This place would implode.

Imagine sitting through a Coldplay set with the hopes of a Daft Punk encore only to realize they weren't there and you watched Coldplay deliberately. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it will happen eventually but a contemporary pop act and a contemporary rap act will upset the Glasto applecart way too much, imo. Especially with the hype going turbo with this so-called 50 year anniversary or whatever it is.

It's a fest that has, if I'm not mistaken, not had less than two rock acts in the same year before - or not for a couple of decades at least. Coachella only just did that a couple of years ago and the average attendee is certainly younger and more in-tune with charts pop and hip hop than at Glastonbury.

Maybe, but I don't see why people glide over it like it's nothing for Glastonbury to put them both on as headliners.

It will definitely happen sooner rather than later. There aren't enough rock acts to sustain 2 a year.

Having Kendrick and Taylor headline would really signify where Glastonbury is heading over the next 50 years. 

16 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Imagine Daft Punk finally playing the Pyramid stage.... but only for 15 minutes for an encore with the Coldplay like they did with Phoenix?

This place would implode.

If they played their Alive encore on repeat for an hour and a half, the place would melt

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Imagine sitting through a Coldplay set with the hopes of a Daft Punk encore only to realize they weren't there and you watched Coldplay deliberately. 

Ach, I don't mind them really.... though I've never seen them in all the times they've been on.

Theres no way its Taylor and Kendrick. If they could afford that then we would be getting FM. I can see Taylor agreeing to do it for a lower fee because of the prestige but I dont think KK would give a fuck. Maybe if he announces a tour and is all over Europe anyways? I cant see it happening. 

3 hours ago, icebear said:

Ridiculous statement, they sold out two nights at Alexandra Palace amounting to 20,800 people.. O2 is 20,000 capacity, they usually prefer to play venues with less seating.

Robyn sold out 2 nights at Ally Pally, can we have her headline instead please?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

It will definitely happen sooner rather than later. There aren't enough rock acts to sustain 2 a year.

Having Kendrick and Taylor headline would really signify where Glastonbury is heading over the next 50 years. 

Maybe in four years time or further. I'm just thinking that a festival having the likes of The Killers and The Cure, Foos and Radiohead, Coldplay and Muse in succession isn't exactly indicating it's about to eschew rock music in favour of zeitgeist-capturing pop heavy-hitters.

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Theres no way its Taylor and Kendrick. If they could afford that then we would be getting FM. I can see Taylor agreeing to do it for a lower fee because of the prestige but I dont think KK would give a fuck. Maybe if he announces a tour and is all over Europe anyways? I cant see it happening. 

Don't know who this KK cat is, but I reckon Kendrick could be up for doing it for the prestige and accept a reduced fee. He's headlined R&L so Glastonbury is his next natural step up. His pals Flying Lotus, Thundercat and Kamasi Washington all seemed incredibly buzzed first times they all played and made reference to Glastonbury being a real thing to do in their circles over in the US.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't know who this KK cat is, but I reckon Kendrick could be up for doing it for the prestige and accept a reduced fee. He's headlined R&L so Glastonbury is his next natural step up. His pals Flying Lotus, Thundercat and Kamasi Washington all seemed incredibly buzzed first times they all played and made reference to Glastonbury being a real thing to do in their circles over in the US.

It's Kevin Keegan doing keepy uppys for an hour and a half

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

KING KENDRICK

You British people have the weirdest names for absolutely everyone (Bazza, Gazza, Macca, Frazza, Reg?) and I use an acronym one time. 

tenor-5.gif

• Like 2