2020 headliners

jj200

COLDPLAY

ELTON JOHN

TAYLOR SWIFT 

I can see Taylor being the one that hasn't been confirmed but has to be playing at this point. I also cannot see three solo artists else I would of picked Kendrick instead of Coldplay in a heartbeat. I don't want Coldplay but I swear someone said they were planning for the 50th - may have been a joke. They are the house band and feel a band would balance the trio well and since two were booked two years ago, who realistically do we have? Macca I dont think, especially with Neil's information, cannot see them booking 75 or Foals two years ago and Fleetwood have been knocked out. Elton booked his tour ages in advance and has a good gap finishing his American leg around two weeks before the festival, rest of the legends dont seem feasible, I feel its him and would be good with the hype from Rocketman and it being the last tour. 

Would love Kendrick and if not one them he would fill in (except EJ since I think there will be one legendary act.) Constantly changes but thats my prediction.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

22 minutes ago, jyoung said:

No, he's just huge. Everywhere.

Disagree.

I’d say he is huge in America but really only that big amongst American hip hop fans here. I’m not convinced he has a broad appeal in the uk for fans of other genres or demographically. I’d be very surprised if he headlined and I could see it being a flop.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Disagree.

I’d say he is huge in America but really only that big amongst American hip hop fans here. I’m not convinced he has a broad appeal in the uk for fans of other genres or demographically. I’d be very surprised if he headlined and I could see it being a flop.

lol bullshit. His last UK tour was sold out everywhere

3 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Doesn’t stop them taking money off idiots who aren’t paying attention.

I remember one time the bookies reopened the market with Oasis as favourites because of Liam Gallagher saying he wanted Oasis to play Glastonbury, loads of people on here got in and dropped money on Metallica who were something like 7/1 and TBC at the time. Window shut again after a couple of hours.

31 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Disagree.

Kendrick Lamar not huge in the UK? We are talking about the same critically acclaimed, hugely influential rapper right? His cultural significance is huge everywhere but if you wanna pinpoint the UK stuff... He has a UK #1 album, has headlined Reading Festival and has sold out arenas up and down the country. Opinions are like arse holes of course but mine is that he would be a huge headliner and those hoping it would flop would be bitterly disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I remember one time the bookies reopened the market with Oasis as favourites because of Liam Gallagher saying he wanted Oasis to play Glastonbury, loads of people on here got in and dropped money on Metallica who were something like 7/1 and TBC at the time. Window shut again after a couple of hours.

Lol that was great - Liam tweeting out O - A - S - I - S when he was plastered in the pub and every media source going with it meaning they were reforming and playing Glastonbury for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kendrick could really be in the frame but it’s hard to believe right now because A - it would be a dream and B - he doesn’t have any dates announced yet. 

If they’ve gone and booked Kendrick and Taylor in the same year...Christ.

C - there aren't enough Money Trees at Worthy Farm to cover his fee.

D - Glastonbury probably wouldn't book Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift in the same year, lets be reeeeeeeeeeeal

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

C - there aren't enough Money Trees at Worthy Farm to cover his fee.

D - Glastonbury probably wouldn't book Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift in the same year, lets be reeeeeeeeeeeal

I dunno, I'm not sure they're going to be that precious about having a mix if they can get K-Dot and TS in the same year. If they were either side of a Macca Saturday there'd be no complaints.

Not that I'm expecting it to happen mind.