2020 headliners

jj200

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so that is a couple of potentials rulled out .... when's the next event ? do we get some more ruled out and then an announcement to coincide with the book launch on the 31st ? 

There’s a thing in London in the 31st which I’ll be at, Emily will be taking part in another question answer panel with famous festival goers and journalists like Caitlin Moran. Maybe she’ll say something then!!

2 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

There’s a thing in London in the 31st which I’ll be at, Emily will be taking part in another question answer panel with famous festival goers and journalists like Caitlin Moran. Maybe she’ll say something then!!

I reckon you will get something ... probably just an impromptu Chris Martin appearance though 

2 hours ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I'm a big Foals fan so I'll accept I'm maybe overestimating them. But they've headlined Reading (I know it was a co-headline slot, but The Strokes/Pulp also did that and both could headline individually) and arguably grown in popularity since then.

Pulp/Strokes weren't billed as "co-headliners" IIRC, Pulp headlined Leeds because they're bigger up north. Paramore/QOTSA was the first time they actually used that term.

8 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Pulp/Strokes weren't billed as "co-headliners" IIRC, Pulp headlined Leeds because they're bigger up north. Paramore/QOTSA was the first time they actually used that term.

To me, Paramore & QOTSA were great co-heads. Both bands had a good back catalogue behind them and seemed to equally play a great show.

i feel the strength of co-headliners seem to be getting weaker by the year for R&L but I suppose that’s for another thread. I’d never want to see a Glasto co-head though

I wonder what parameters do festival bookers actually look at when considering acts? Do they really care about chart positions and album sales etc? Or would they be more interested where the act has played before and how well they did, how big of a crowd they’re likely to pull etc?

Bill Hills have priced up the market:

Glastonbury 2020 to headline Pyramid Stage: 8/13 McCartney; 4/5 Kendrick Lamar; 10/11 Taylor Swift; 15/8 Foals; 2/1 Fleetwood Mac;1975; 11/4 Elton John; 4/1 Arctic Monkeys; 5/1 Coldplay; 11/2 Springsteen; Kinks; 8/1 Led Zep; 9/1 Queen/Adam Lambert; 10/1 Blur; (Wm Hill odds)

Just now, she bangs the drums said:

Bill Hills have priced up the market:

Glastonbury 2020 to headline Pyramid Stage: 8/13 McCartney; 4/5 Kendrick Lamar; 10/11 Taylor Swift; 15/8 Foals; 2/1 Fleetwood Mac;1975; 11/4 Elton John; 4/1 Arctic Monkeys; 5/1 Coldplay; 11/2 Springsteen; Kinks; 8/1 Led Zep; 9/1 Queen/Adam Lambert; 10/1 Blur; (Wm Hill odds)

Kendrick was 8/13 this time last year

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t sympathise with the arguments that metrics mean nothing to becoming a Glastonbury headliner.

Name me one Glastonbury headliner in the past 20 years that doesn’t have a UK #1 album.

Skunk Anansie surely

I don't even know if The Cure even had a #1 album? lots of top tens but did any get to top?