2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

ftfy

It's just part of the annual Glasto cycle where we have delirium over who might play/headline, it's only really for those of us who are used to it now! 

I tried to discuss it with Mrs Doug last night and she said "every year you come out with this, can we not just wait and see who it might be for a change"  :lol: I had a few choice words (under my breath whilst i walked out the room) 

3 minutes ago, Boilingtent said:

The fact Macca has even mentoned the festival and saying him playing is a "remote possibility" tells us its being talked about and/or its very liekly and he just doesn't want to give it away. Huge hint imo.

he was asked about it.

one of Glastonbury's head bookers told efestivals that Macca wasn't playing, which is a much bigger hint that he isn't doing it IMO.

e: oh, and that whole no tour dates whatsoever announced for next year suggests that he's taking a break.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, Doug85 said:

It's just part of the annual Glasto cycle where we have delirium over who might play/headline, it's only really for those of us who are used to it now! 

I tried to discuss it with Mrs Doug last night and she said "every year you come out with this, can we not just wait and see who it might be for a change"  :lol: I had a few choice words (under my breath whilst i walked out the room) 

I told everyone who would listen how it was going to be Macca last year. Egg on my face for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I don't even bother with Mrs Q, I know full well she doesn't really care and has no interest in any of it.  My excitement over the Diana Ross announcement was met with what could best be described as baffled humouring :D

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I told everyone who would listen how it was going to be Macca last year. Egg on my face for sure. 

I was the same, plus i got burnt in 2016 when I did the same for Radiohead. 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I don't even bother with Mrs Q, I know full well she doesn't really care and has no interest in any of it.  My excitement over the Diana Ross announcement was met with what could best be described as baffled humouring :D

Yep I get humoured for a few minutes until she gets bored, Mrs D only really gets excited once they have been announced and then a couple of weeks before the festival. You would think i'd have learned this by now, but i make the mistake every time :lol:

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Haha this sounds like me at home, and is why I come on here to get my Glastonbury discussion fix, as Mrs Padgey isn't at all bothered.  The festival is referred to as "That place on the tele where daddy goes" in our house.

So really we're in exactly the same boat as yesterday. FM always looked unlikely since they're packing up the tour shortly, and we didn't get any real hints about who it could be. The "negotiating all summer" line could really mean anyone so it doesn't narrow it down much, other than I'd assume it's a "big" act. *Shrug*

Neil seems to think it's not Macca, so I'll trust him and go The 1975, Elton, Taylor Swift. 

14 minutes ago, hughes21 said:

my mate met yannis from foals in a pub about 3 weeks ago somewhere in london, albeit pissed up and he said they were headlining next year, dont know if i believe it but he definitely said it

if this is true then i'm gonna be pissed off, lets hope he's joking loool

16 minutes ago, hughes21 said:

my mate met yannis from foals in a pub about 3 weeks ago somewhere in london, albeit pissed up and he said they were headlining next year, dont know if i believe it but he definitely said it

He also said they were the greatest band in the world (Yannis, not your mate), so to be fair, not a reliable narrator...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Mrs b’s dream of seeing Bazza Manilow on the Pyramid was dealt a cruel blow with that announcement. She’s come around to Team Ross now though.

Any reason why Foals announced a tour for 2020 and what cities they will be playing...but no dates? What dates roughly would have to be announced to make us think they will be at Glastonbury, or does it not really matter as if they don't headline are we pretty sure they will still be there as possibly The Other Stage headliner? As some people have suggested...

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Worth remembering that Reg locked his 2020 tour plans in two years in advance. There could easily be GF in there and everyone has just agreed to keep quiet about it.

For that reason, I think Reg is already booked if he's doing it. For what it's worth (despite me not Knowing Taylor like some do), I think she's as good as booked as well from her team's perspective but they may be sweating the small stuff so the contract isn't actually signed and sealed, hence her still being worked on from Glasto's perspective.

They probably spotted a troubling clause in the small print...

glasto-contract-scan.jpg

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6