2020 headliners

jj200

I’m starting to doubt everything now. Dunno why. I never really expected Fleetwood Mac but there was a part of me that thought if Glasto was ever going to get them it was going to be this year.

I think we need to see some more announced tours / touring plans to make it clearer. At the moment it feels like no one is playing lol.

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Would love REM to play again. Outside shot I know though...

Is there anything to indicate this is happening? It would be a great leftfield booking.

Also - watching the Ed Sheeran documentary on channel 5 (awful I know). He mentioned that him and Taylor have a competitive relationship where they try and make sure they both do the same things and play at the same places. If that is true... after Ed headlining in 2017, by that logic, it is a mere matter of time before Taylor does it too.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m starting to doubt everything now. Dunno why. I never really expected Fleetwood Mac but there was a part of me that thought if Glasto was ever going to get them it was going to be this year.

I think we need to see some more announced tours / touring plans to make it clearer. At the moment it feels like no one is playing lol.

Still early yet. Don't think Rock Wertcher start announcing names till late October normally, and the other EU fests have unfortunately all announced the same people (Thom Yorke and TSwiz)

Emily said she wanted a new ‘secret’ bar for 2020, & she suggested building an entrance to it that started in a long drop! 

She also said that her kids pester her every day about whether the 3rd headliner has agreed yet - I may be reading too much into this, but I don’t think children under 10 are that interested unless it’s someone who appeals to children under 10. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, henry bear said:

A little bit more:

44612CAC-4099-4487-9933-A75CC1F36098.jpeg

Emily was ask about the site and if there would be any major changes to the site and layout. She said they were just going to improve the areas that were there and nothing major would be changing and then she said there would be a few surprise. It wasn’t in the context of the lineup.

Not to mean there won’t be surprises on the lineup though. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also - watching the Ed Sheeran documentary on channel 5 (awful I know). He mentioned that him and Taylor have a competitive relationship where they try and make sure they both do the same things and play at the same places. If that is true... after Ed headlining in 2017, by that logic, it is a mere matter of time before Taylor does it too.

I just can't imagine Taylor finally doing a big festival tour and NOT doing Glastonbury partly for what you've said there, and it just being the premier festival in Europe. Taylor gets those kinda things and I imagine she will know Glastonbury is the one to do. She may end up just doing BST or something, but I'd be very surprised if she's not on the farm tbh.

1 minute ago, bruce85 said:

Emily was ask about the site and if there would be any major changes to the site and layout. She said they were just going to improve the areas that were there and nothing major would be changing and then she said there would be a few surprise. It wasn’t in the context of the lineup.

Not to mean there won’t be surprises on the lineup though. 

But did she say led zep and more importantly FM wouldn't be playing? 

4 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Emily said she wanted a new ‘secret’ bar for 2020, & she suggested building an entrance to it that started in a long drop! 

She also said that her kids pester her every day about whether the 3rd headliner has agreed yet - I may be reading too much into this, but I don’t think children under 10 are that interested unless it’s someone who appeals to children under 10. 

Does that mean the kids know who they are chasing though, or that they're just curious who it would be?

I'd imagine Emily's kids have quite cool music tastes, so I'm not sure that exclusively suggests it's an act that appeals to kids.

5 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

I would guess that of the rumours we have all generated ourselves.. Taylor Swift would be most applicable to children under 10. Especially with her version of the Hokey Pokey, shake it off.

Edited by Andy0808 v5

27 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Would love REM to play again. Outside shot I know though...

Are they actually together anymore. I know there is a Monster reissue being promoted at the moment, but I dont believe they are a gigging band anymore?

Edited by kabillion

Just now, Andy0808 v5 said:

I would guess that of the rumours we have all generated ourselves.. Taylor Swift would be most applicable to children under 10. Especially with her version of the Hokey Pokeye, shake it off.

Pretty sure Taylor will have plans settled for next summer now. It's more likely to be someone who has yet to announce anything I reckon. 

7 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Mr Tumble confirmed.

• Upvote 1