2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, gordong said:

So gutted about Fleetwood Mac, really thought they were gonna play. Has Emily or Michael ever ruled someone out as a red herring?

I wouldn't clutch at straws - Emily is honest with these things. 

The FM dream is definitely over for another year now. I think they'll turn up eventually though.

Just now, gordong said:

So gutted about Fleetwood Mac, really thought they were gonna play. Has Emily or Michael ever ruled someone out as a red herring?

Nope.

The closest example anyone will come up with is that she did rule out Stevie Wonder ahead of the 2010 festival, but most people accept that he was booked at some point after she made those comments.

Just now, jparx said:

I wouldn't clutch at straws - Emily is honest with these things. 

The FM dream is definitely over for another year now. I think they'll turn up eventually though.

Unless.... they just haven't been booked yet and they are the ones in negotiations for the 3rd spot. Depends on the context she said what she said......totally clutching at straws. 

I've always thought it was Macca this year, after what happened last year. Him coming back for the 50th just makes a lot of sense. 

Im also just hoping its Macca. 

I still have a hard time believing its Swift yet. A Glastonbury sized gap can be filled very quickly. 

Were going to get Coldplay, The 1975 and Foals. 

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I've always thought it was Macca this year, after what happened last year. Him coming back for the 50th just makes a lot of sense. 

Im also just hoping its Macca. 

I still have a hard time believing its Swift yet. A Glastonbury sized gap can be filled very quickly. 

Were going to get Coldplay, The 1975 and Foals. 

TBF with Swift it's also the specific emphasis on festivals. If it was just a Glastonbury hole and she was doing a stadium tour, we would be a lot less sure of it. She's specifically said she's doing festivals next summer, the UK show must have an embargo on it for it not to be announced already, and Glastonbury is THE festival to play if you're doing your first headline festival tour. Plus she's doing Roskilde, which is somewhat comparable to Glasto and also celebrating its 50th. She may end up just doing Lolla Stockholm, but all signs do point to Glastonbury atm.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I still think Springsteen is an option, his tour next year will surely have been planned for a while. Could definitely see him and Taylor Swift being the two that are booked with Foals waiting to step in for the third spot. 

I've also got Bruce on the list of potentials. Yes he's done it before, but he would still be a big booking. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

TBF with Swift it's also the specific emphasis on festivals. If it was just a Glastonbury hole and she was doing a stadium tour, we would be a lot less sure of it. She's specifically said she's doing festivals next summer, the UK show must have an embargo on it for it not to be announced already, and Glastonbury is THE festival to play if you're doing your first headline festival tour. Plus she's doing Roskilde, which is somewhat comparable to Glasto and also celebrating its 50th. She may end up just doing Lolla Stockholm, but all signs do point to Glastonbury atm.

Oh I get it. Nothing says it isnt going to happen. It's just not enough for me to get my hopes up that it's happening. It would be a fantastic booking, but I think a lot of chips would have had to fall in place perfectly for it to happen.

Until theres a tip of a hat or a nod of a head I'm going to look at all 3 headline spots as up for grabs. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I've also got Bruce on the list of potentials. Yes he's done it before, but he would still be a big booking. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yeah this is exactly my thinking. It’s probably the last chance to book him and as much as his 2009 set didn’t go down too well, he’s still a massive act. Certainly bigger than any of last years headliners.

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Hard to please...

Genuinely think 1975 and Taylor Swift are shit, even if they're hugely popular. Wouldn't go see either of them for free, won't waste a headline slot at Glastonbury going to see them.

McCartney would probably depend on who's at WH or Other. Be cool to go along to for a big Beatles sing along.

Edited by MaxPower

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Genuinely think 1975 and Taylor Swift are shit, even if they're hugely popular. Wouldn't go see either of them for free, won't waste a headline slot at Glastonbury going to see them.

McCartney would probably depend on who's at WH or Other. Be cool to go along to for a big Beatles sing along.

Paul McCartney and his band? They’re only the band The Beatles could have been...