2020 headliners

jj200

Long time lurker here, first time poster. Another member of the foals fan contingent too at that. Wondering what people think about the possibility of Foals headlining the Other? I’d love them to do the pyramid but I don’t think they are by any means too big to play second fiddle to someone like Taylor on the Sunday. They’re a similar size to someone like tame impala for example even if they have much more festival cred over here.

10 minutes ago, HandsJeffrey said:

Long time lurker here, first time poster. Another member of the foals fan contingent too at that. Wondering what people think about the possibility of Foals headlining the Other? I’d love them to do the pyramid but I don’t think they are by any means too big to play second fiddle to someone like Taylor on the Sunday. They’re a similar size to someone like tame impala for example even if they have much more festival cred over here.

Welcome.

I agree that they're not above accepting the Other headline slot; they seem so eager to play that they'd probably settle for it, if it was the only way. But, in my opinion, the rumour that they're 'in the frame' to headline the Pyramid should at the very least mean they're a backup to a Pyramid headliner so - even if they don't headline it - my expectation is a Pyramid slot.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Welcome.

I agree that they're not above accepting the Other headline slot; they seem so eager to play that they'd probably settle for it, if it was the only way. But, in my opinion, the rumour that they're 'in the frame' to headline the Pyramid should at the very least mean they're a backup to a Pyramid headliner so - even if they don't headline it - my expectation is a Pyramid slot.

Thanks for the welcome!

Is that something that happens a lot? As in backup headliners being pushed down to sub if they get someone huge to headline? Rather than being moved to the other?

I think a Foals into Macca sub/headliner night would alsolutely finish me off.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HandsJeffrey said:

Thanks for the welcome!

Is that something that happens a lot? As in backup headliners being pushed down to sub if they get someone huge to headline? Rather than being moved to the other?

I think a Foals into Macca sub/headliner night would alsolutely finish me off.

Can’t say it with absolute surety but that’s what Neil has been told in the past, although it’s looked upon more as a sub who steps up than a headline who steps down one after being gazumped. Not so much with the Other Stage, apart from Metallica but those circumstances were much different with it being Metallica and all.

Foals as a sub/backup to Sir Paul would be very much befitting of this arrangement. McCartney seems like someone they’re happy to chase but they got left high and dry for 2019, so having a fixed backup for 2020 makes sense to me.

There is indication that they’re not trying for McCartney again, in which case maybe they’re backup for someone else like Fleetwood Mac or whoever else they’ve been hunting for a while.

13 hours ago, Zacko said:

Just watched the Mark Ronson documentary from this evening on on BBC2/iPlayer (highly recommended). The section with Gaga was brilliant, and she really would be fantastic if she ever headlines in the future. 

I think unless her next album does really well that she wont be headlining for a fairly long time. Would love her to do it but I think they missed a big opportunity back in 2014/15 with her not doing it.