2020 headliners

jj200

I have been working from home today, so this thread has effectively taken the place of my usual workplace banter. Thanks guys, it's been fun.

Before I sign off and head to the pub, I just want to clarify that Led Zeppelin are a) not playing, b) at least as big if not bigger than Fleetwood Mac and c) definitely bigger than Kylie.

See ya next time

Been away from this thread for a couple of days and playing catch up. Currently only at page 218 and have to shoot off, but I must say it's proper GOAT material with everyone getting excited about these crazy trios for headliners and subs. Everyone's got pure post-ticket delirium and dreaming way high. Almost don't want to read on any further and sense the palpable disappointment when it swings back around to Foals again.Cracking stuff!!

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Been away from this thread for a couple of days and playing catch up. Currently only at page 218 and have to shoot off, but I must say it's proper GOAT material with everyone getting excited about these crazy trios for headliners and subs. Everyone's got pure post-ticket delirium and dreaming way high. Almost don't want to read on any further and sense the palpable disappointment when it swings back around to Foals again.Cracking stuff!!

honestly this thread sucks I can't understand why someone would subject themselves to reading through it if they weren't actively contributing to the shitshow

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

LZ to sub The 1975? Will be like a passing of the torch moment; from one generation's great rock band to the next generation's great rock band

and then the 1975 just give it straight to Royal blood, nice idea but I don't think they would go all the way just to introduce a band. it's Glastonbury though anything can happen!

5 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Are Daft Punk even that good live? Has anyone seen them before to confirm

yes, they are incredible live, saw them 4 times on that last tour. They were ahead of the game back in 2006/2007, and now unless they presented a brand new never before done experience It might fall slightly flat because expectations are so high for them. Theyve turned into a myth now. 

theyre more or less “bored” and they arent going to do anything at all, whether its music of performing unless it piques their interests. 

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

yes, they are incredible live, saw them 4 times on that last tour. They were ahead of the game back in 2006/2007, and now unless they presented a brand new never before done experience It might fall slightly flat because expectations are so high for them. Theyve turned into a myth now. 

theyre more or less “bored” and they arent going to do anything at all, whether its music of performing unless it piques their interests. 

I think that might be the reason that it's been so long since the last tour. They really mixed things up with their last album (which I genuinely think is one of the best albums of the last 10 years) and I think it must be hard to do that justice and combine it with their back catalogue.

20 hours ago, wonker said:

One thing I've learnt in this thread is that people like Taylor A LOT more than I realised they did...

Some of them have been radicalised and have come to realise that Red is the modern Astral Weeks. They have formed loose knit sleeper cells where they share Taylor's favourite cupcake recipes and hold intense Taylor karaoke sleepovers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Some of them have been radicalised and have come to realise that Red is the modern Astral Weeks. They have formed loose knit sleeper cells where they share Taylor's favourite cupcake recipes and hold intense Taylor karaoke sleepovers.

When and where are these glorious events?