2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And Jagger was clearly hoovering up great rails of the stuff during the Sticky Fingers / Exile / Goats Head Soup years.

OK. In that case, coke is the creative good stuff. Still doesn't explain Foals.

Maybe they only do it when they tweet...

3 hours ago, Benja100 said:

When Chemical brothers play ‘out of control’ Live which is my favourite track by them, it has no vocal on it. Chemical are not a vocally led band though with a vocalist

Those prodigy tracks depend heavily on the vocals so are you thinking they will play them as acapella or use a different vocalist or play Keiths voice?  

I’ve heard them play Out of Control with the vocal plenty... I think they mix it up.  They also have song Like Golden Path, Salmon Dance, Setting Sun, that are definitely vocal led and they just drop the samples vocals in.

I don’t know what direction the Prodigy are gonna go in - I wouldn’t be surprised if Maxim just does Breathe solo, and they use vocal samples for Firestarter.  There’s a chance they could get somebody to do a guest vocal for Glastonbury as a tribute, but going forwards I can’t see them dropping it as a acapella and they can’t not play it at all... will probably always play it at the end as a tribute like New Order do with Love Will Tear Us Apart nowadays.

55 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

look the 1975 might not get as big a crowd as led zeppelin would, but they would objectively play a better set

Look, I know you’re probably fishing (or at least I hope) and I don’t like to be so outrightly nasty, but shut the fuck up. That’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Look, I know you’re probably fishing (or at least I hope) and I don’t like to be so outrightly nasty, but shut the fuck up. That’s an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. 

Not sure it is ridiculous tbh. British breakthrough band in their prime, who killed it at Reading, versus a bunch of dudes in their 70s who haven't played together in over a decade?

@Mash011 specifically said "play a better set" and I think The 1975 probably would!

4 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

led zeppelin were never good and they certainly haven't gotten better in their 70s

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Led Zep drawing a gigantic crowd, but by halfway through most of them have fucked off to watch Charli XCX cos they've given Jason Bonham free reign to do a 15 minute version of Moby Dick.

Pink Floyd drawing a gigantic crowd, but by halfway through most of them have fucked off to watch Charli XCX cos they've given Nick Mason free reign to do a 15 minute version of Doing It.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Led Zeppelin is not happening.

But if it was, it would be the biggest headline set in Glastonbury history. When they played the O2 there were 20 million online requests for tickets. If it were to happen I think they would need to put someone like Swift on the other stage purely as a crowd control measure.

Except all the ticket are sold, and not to led zep fans. There will be a limited % of led zep fans who have bought tickets, their crowd would be big, but not on the scale of say Kylie who would have a much broader appeal to your average G ticket buyer.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pink Floyd drawing a gigantic crowd, but by halfway through most of them have fucked off to watch Charli XCX cos they've given Nick Mason free reign to do a 15 minute version of Doing It.

CalGon drawing a gigantic crowd, but by halfway through most of them have fucked off to watch Charli XCX cos they've given him free reign to endlessly quote himself on Efestivals.

• Upvote 4