2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

I don't think "Followers" is as relevant on Spotify (don't think I follow any artist).

Fleetwood have 14.5 Million Monthly Spotify listeners.

Led Zeppelin have 12.9 Million Monthly Spotify listeners.

Screenshot_20191011-124922_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20191011-124917_Spotify.jpg

I don't think it's fair to bring up Spotify as an argument on your side, and then dismiss part of it as not relevant, when its not in your favour.

I would also make the case that Led Zeppelin's 12.9m plays represents a lot more actual listening time than the Mac's 14.6m.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

I don't think it's fair to bring up Spotify as an argument on your side, and then dismiss part of it as not relevant, when its not in your favour.

I would also make the case that Led Zeppelin's 12.9m plays represents a lot more actual listening time than the Mac's 14.6m.

No I just think on a music platform listeners is a significantly better metric than followers.

You've no basis for that second part, but I guess the majority of this convo is baseless haha.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

tbf no one actually listens to led zeppelin they're just a band that you have to agree are massive

I always thought the same about Arcade Fire. I'm convinced that their popularity is a joke that got out of hand ?

12 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Which part? 

Glasto punters definitely skew younger, even if it's got.a better age spread than other festivals.

Fleetwood Mac's recent tour was heavily attended by millennials (as others in this thread have pointed out).

They also have more Spotify listeners than Zeppelin, even if it's only be a few million a month. We know that the majority of Spotify users are millennials (Spotify have confirmed this in the past).

heavily attended is a stretch. Still the majority was boomers. 

Also from my experience, all of my group and pretty much all of the people I talk to about music my age (2000-2002ish) would all be more interested in Led Zep. Unless my area is a huge minority then I doubt Led Zep don't have the ability to draw the biggest crowd of any Glasto slot I can remember.

Apologies for the disgusting double negative there.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

No I just think on a music platform listeners is a significantly better metric than followers.

You've no basis for that second part, but I guess the majority of this convo is baseless haha.

Well, my basis would be that the average Led Zep song is *significantly* longer than the average FM song.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Swap HAIM for Kim Petras, and LDR for CRJ and then it's a party

As someone who saw Kim Petras twice in August, her Reading set had a small crowd and as a diehard fan was underwhelmed with her set. Although her playing two nights later at Heaven was one of the best gigs this year, Carly is one of my favourite artists too, think she would end up with a way bigger following after a successful set. Which she deserves.