2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But when Zep do headline, reckon they'll break the headliner crowd record? Sounds like it will be a pretty huge event

I doubt it, I'm under 30 and wouldn't say that I know a lot of peers desperate to see Zep in the same way that they were desperate to see Radiohead or Fleetwood Mac. 

5 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I doubt it, I'm under 30 and wouldn't say that I know a lot of peers desperate to see Zep in the same way that they were desperate to see Radiohead or Fleetwood Mac. 

Led Zeppelin is not happening.

But if it was, it would be the biggest headline set in Glastonbury history. When they played the O2 there were 20 million online requests for tickets. If it were to happen I think they would need to put someone like Swift on the other stage purely as a crowd control measure.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

But if it was, it would be the biggest headline set in Glastonbury history. When they played the O2 there were 20 million online requests for tickets. If it were to happen I think they would need to put someone like Swift on the other stage purely as a crowd control measure.

Confirmation of Swifty headlining the Other Stage right there. 

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yeah but those people trying for the O2 tickets would have been Led Zep fans. Not everyone at Glasto will be a fan tbf

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah but those people trying for the O2 tickets would have been Led Zep fans. Not everyone at Glasto will be a fan tbf

by that logic no one would get a huge crowd?? Not everyone would be a Kylie fan but her crowd was huge, can't imagine Led Zep being anything other than significantly bigger

25 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I'm with you on this one - I also think that Fleetwood Mac would be met with initial excitement because of the name factor, but then a lot of younger people would listen to them and realise they don't like them. Plus the average Led Zep or Fleetwood Mac fan wouldn't be seen dead in a field full of the unwashed masses (in their eyes) and would happily pay £200+ for a premium seat at Wembley or the O2. Not saying either would have a small crowd, but I do think it wouldn't be Rolling Stones or your average legends slot level of busy. 

I also imagine any one with pop leanings would listen to Led Zep (probably from their parents saying they should) and not being overly impressed.

I'm in my early 30s and wouldn't watch either, and nobody I know who's going really care about Fleetwood Mac beyond the press hype about them playing and it being a headliner talking point. 

Then again, I did watch Example and then nobody instead of the Stones in 2013....

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I didn't say *everyone* would be... but considering that one concert drew nearly 10 times as many applications as there are registered for Glastonbury, I think I make a pretty good case that it will be more popular than Radiohead...

25 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd love to see it but I reckon she'll go hard on the hits. All Too Well, Long Live, New Year's Day will wait til her own shows.

I dunno man. It's hard to call because we don't have a precedent for Taylor headlining these types of festivals. Personally I think she'll do a couple songs on the acoustic and a couple on the piano and we'll get one of those tunes. I think it'll be hit heavy but also touch on each of her records and styles. I think it'll be similar to this but fleshed out a bit https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2019/lolympia-bruno-coquatrix-paris-france-6b9caa0a.html Time will tell though.

Led Zeppelin would be probably the best booking Glastonbury could ever make. I’d honestly not give a fuck about who they booked after that. Led Zep is end game for any festival in the world. Coachella has reportedly offered them $40 million in the past to play and they have turned it down.

It won’t happen unless the band reunites. They won’t reunite AT glasto. 

I hope in my lifetime they do celebration day again but I’m not confident at all.

Also if Zep did headline they might as well do it on the Sunday night and close all the other stages early. Everyone will be there.

29 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Yeah I'm in my mid-20s and share the same sentiment. I reckon I'd struggle to convince my group to see Zeppelin.

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm with you on this one - I also think that Fleetwood Mac would be met with initial excitement because of the name factor, but then a lot of younger people would listen to them and realise they don't like them. Plus the average Led Zep or Fleetwood Mac fan wouldn't be seen dead in a field full of the unwashed masses (in their eyes) and would happily pay £200+ for a premium seat at Wembley or the O2. Not saying either would have a small crowd, but I do think it wouldn't be Rolling Stones or your average legends slot level of busy. 

I also imagine any one with pop leanings would listen to Led Zep (probably from their parents saying they should) and not being overly impressed.

I'm in my early 30s and wouldn't watch either, and nobody I know who's going really care about Fleetwood Mac beyond the press hype about them playing and it being a headliner talking point. 

Then again, I did watch Example and then nobody instead of the Stones in 2013....

Nah disagree so strongly. Fleetwood Mac are still absolutely huge with the under 25 age group. Still regularly played at after parties, my insta feed was full of people at their recent tour.

Edited by MaxPower

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah I'm in my mid-20s and share the same sentiment. I reckon I'd struggle to convince my group to see Zeppelin.

I'm 18, my entire group, even those who have never listened to any type of rock in their lives, would come to Led Zep

29 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I'm surprised by this, would have thought Led Zep would have more of a pull with the younger crowd. When I was a youngster we would rather Jack than Fleetwood Mac

Just now, mazola said:

I'm surprised by this, would have thought Led Zep would have more of a pull with the younger crowd. When I was a youngster we would rather Jack than Fleetwood Mac

From what Ive seen its massively more LZ than FM in the 17-20 demographic

Sod this thread, I was content with 1975/Taylor/Elton

Now I'm going to be forever disappointed that I won't see Led Zep opening with immigrant song on the pyramid ffs. 

For what it's worth I'm confident 10/12 (mid 20s) would see them.

Edited by Gacheezbo
spelling

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm with you on this one - I also think that Fleetwood Mac would be met with initial excitement because of the name factor, but then a lot of younger people would listen to them and realise they don't like them.

hardly, I've been to see them 3 times in the last 5 years and the crowd has been mostly people in their 20s/30s.

43 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But when Zep do headline, reckon they'll break the headliner crowd record? Sounds like it will be a pretty huge event

Probably not, they're will be a lot of U25s that wouldn't give a toss 

P.S the age is purely a guess, so don't hang on it ?

Edited by CJTM

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

the average Led Zep or Fleetwood Mac fan wouldn't be seen dead in a field full of the unwashed masses (in their eyes) and would happily pay £200+ for a premium seat at Wembley or the O2. Not saying either would have a small crowd, but I do think it wouldn't be Rolling Stones or your average legends slot level of busy. 

Led Zep playing Kashmir to a half empty field cos everyone’s over at the Other watching Bastille

• Upvote 3