2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I haven't been fully following this thread as I don't have tickets (yet... ? ?)

But is there creditability to Led Zeppelin being mentioned or is it wishful thinking?

yes 

Edit: to the wishful thinking part

Edited by C14S

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Just to be clear I think what matey heard was tosh (I appreciate him telling me all the same :)  ... and it's something to chat about).

But if those bands were playing those three bands would very likely all be playing their final UK shows, which isn't small beer - contemporary or not.

And if there were really three 'normal' headline bands beneath it's likely they'd be much more contemporary so it'd look fantastic on a poster I reckon.

Selfishly I'm hoping not - the resale would be no chance if so. Whereas with the 1975 etc there may be a chance. I want a normal year lineup!! 

Even the slightest hints at a lineup like that is making me determined to get onto the volunteering and not rely on the resale...

Jesus christ. She has to play All Too Well on the Pyramid. That would be the moment. 

I imagine she'll bash out a few tunes on the piano and acoustic, and she's played it a couple of times at shows since Lover came out so there's a decent chance we'll get it I reckon.

Edited by jparx

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

found it.

He said headliners were Led Zep, The Stones and Fleetwood Mac, with 3 other headline sized bands underneath.

He did also say that it was so ridiculous he didn't believe it. :P 

But .. I'm not entirely sure where he gets his info (I do have an inkling), but he definitely knows people that know stuff.

This is where the Led Zep/Stones/Mac rumour has come from.

Considering it is from Neil, it is the most legit source we have, but even he thinks it's probably bullshit, so enjoy the rumour, but take it with a large pinch of salt.